Fisher Job šŸŸ + Archipelago Biome

Mod Updated

:balloon: :cake: Today is the mod birthday!!! :gift: :birthday:

Download:
At the first post.

Changes:

• Oaks and Acacias recolored, so they donā€™t stand there super dark and dull compared to the native trees.
  • Captain Miranda image replaced. Now it is a 3d hearthling. Her hat is courtesy of @JackWESTCustoms free models, at https://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/opensource-models/27821
  • Palm tree crops and saplings. So you can replant those.
  • A w.i.p. campaign. Very short for now. A few dialogues and two small fights.
  • Cocolings debut! (At the campaign mentioned above)
  • Fruit containers, crafted using a crate and some fruits. Is used to trade with crop traders, cause in this biome thatā€™s what they will ask for.
  • Raft, doesnā€™t even float (you can build some support below itā€¦). It is a start.
  • Ship wheel, mostly for decoration.
  • Carpenter house template by @Raze
  • Small tweak at critter spawnings, avoid beaches, and more common in the middle forests.

There is still a lot to be done here. This one I kinda rushed for the biome anniversary :merry:

10 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUNO!!! I wish you all the best and a wunderful day :smiley:

Happy Birthday!!!:birthday::confetti_ball:

Kyth.

That pirate hat is amazing! Well done @JackWESTCustoms!

1 Like

Really enjoyed this! I played it recently on my channel (along with some other mods) and had a good time with it - thought I would drop in here to say, keep it up! I look forward to using it again, but in the next longer-running series I do :wink:

Good work!

1 Like

i got this error today on loading up the latest stonehearth version directly in the menu.
Stonehearth Alpha 21 develop 3380 x64

Error

develop-3380 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: invalid resource ā€˜archipelago_biome/entities/monsters/cocoling/cocoling.jsonā€™. File has a mixin to that is not formatted correctly!.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_jsonā€™
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ā€˜load_jsonā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/catalog/catalog_service.lua:129: in function ā€˜_load_jsonā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/catalog/catalog_service.lua:135: in function ā€˜_load_entity_jsonā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/catalog/catalog_service.lua:110: in function ā€˜_load_catalogā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/catalog/catalog_service.lua:36: in function 'initializeā€™
stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:73: in function 'create_serviceā€™
stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:127: in function 'instanceā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:251>

#Mod Updated
For Alpha 21!
Bug fixes, resource balances, new items, new mobs and themed beach goblins. Long change log ahead.

Download:
:up: At the first post.

Changes:

• New mobs:
    Crabs and Turtles. They are ambient mobs only (i.e. there is no interaction with them)

• Beach goblins:
    Goblins will wear beach head accessories and their camps tents were reworked to match the biome, stockpiles filled with coconuts, and even having a sandcastle and a beach ball nearby.

• New items:
    Beach Ball: found in goblin camps. Decoration only, can be stolen from them.
    Cocobombs!
    ā€“ Crafted by the engineer using coconuts and coal. Unlimited placements, as strong as the small traps. Will exploded when attacked by enemies, hurting everyone around it and giving those who survive slowness and pants on fire.

• Balances:
    Fruit trees (coconuts and papayas) takes more time to regrow after being harvested.
    A little less clay drops from mining/digging.
    More wood from harvested trees
    More papaya trees generated.
    Less flowers generated.

• Smaller shallow areas:
    The distance between the coast and the deep ocean were too big, making it hard to build good docks, ports and boats that needed deeper waters. The new generation will not be so extensive, so you will have an easier time finding deeper waters close to dry land.

• New building colors:
    Added the sand colors to the build menu (clay category).

• Small tweaks:
    Fixed campaign bugs, improved (and shorter) dialogues and added better instructions, like when the player does not react to one of the steps in the campaign, Miranda will then teach what and how to do it. (Nothing new in the storyline though)
    Updated a few images (decreased a lot the mod size in bytes)
    Changed the roof of the open house template, so it is properly hidden when in the x-ray vision.

~Goblins, after you ruined their sandcastles.

15 Likes

Tuuuurtles?
Please tell me thet kinda move at a crawl on land and go super speedy in water

(Also, if itā€™s not too much trouble, can you show us a screen shot? I have little time to use on games lately)

Sand bunny approves of beach goblinsā€™ flower crowns

I definitely remember trying to add speedy bonus while in the water, but for some reason that didnā€™t got in. I will take a look at it again later.
And sorry everyone for the lack of screenshots, I had this post planned and was just lacking the screens, which I would get eventually, but the new game version released sooner than I expected :smile:
Found one for you:

18 Likes

:jubilant: Now I want to try this biome just for that super cute turtle! Oh, and the lei on the goblin!

2 Likes

omg dude that looks fricking awesome xD (btw did you replace original link or are we suppose to go find it on google drive?)

1 Like

Beach party goblins! Even though im not into playing in this setting on tropical islands, i must say that this biome and all the work you have put into it, is some of the most entertaining content outside the main game i have played.
I look forward to see, how you will make use of the things you have learned making this, in the future and hopefully other biomes :slight_smile:
I give you five out of five goblin honor tokens on this!

3 Likes

hmmm should be easily douable ā€¦ just copy the goblin pop set it neutral or friendly and let some of them spawn at the world gen ā€¦ and if you want you can make some partyhats and give them at the start ā€¦ but i think this should be an extra mod - like friendly gob civi ^^

1 Like

Cute work! Thanks for posting : ).

2 Likes

So cute! Thanks for actually posting it! I hope it waanā€™t too much trouble

2 Likes

Hey @BrunoSupremo Did you ever implement the garland I gave you? I havenā€™t had time to play the game modded lately.

Yes, link was replaced. It is always up there at the first post.

Funny enough this biome started just so I could have some example code material for future modding questions. Like, ā€œhey, I added water this way, how can I change it now to this other way?ā€, etcā€¦
My real intention was making a swamp biome, and the archipelago was just to learn the basics.
Unfortunately, even though the biome is here in my files for more than a year now, it is very low quality compared to the other two.

The campaign will have a moment where humans and goblins (temporary) ally for the greater good.

The screenshot? No way, just got into the game and found one right at the spawn camp.
And thank you for being patient and helping me through all the trouble I was having with the animation. You know that without your help I would not be able to add the crabs and turtles into the game, or at best would be still trying and failing.

Not yet, but I should next time. Thanks for the model.

A few more screens for those that are curious with the content but not willing to play in yet.

Crabs:

Goblin beach camp (with their new tents, sandcastle, beach ball and coconuts):

Cocobomb in action:

:information_source: If the recent posts got you confused, yes, this is a new update. It was announced a few posts before, and the download is at the first post, ok? :merry:

14 Likes

That was no big deal, as long as i can spread more animation goodness iā€™m happy with it

Iā€™m also going to Finally get around making a Vedio tutorial for animating for SH when i get some free time,
hopefully itā€™ll let future modders make animations without me as a middle-man teacher thing

1 Like

aww love these screen shots <3 cant wait to try this out :smiley: