Music! That is actually classical!

Try bookstores, either new (like Barnes & Noble) or used retail. Oftentimes they’ll have a respectable selection of classical albums, played by serious orchestras and artists.

I can’t tell you how many of my CDs came from doing this–during a trip to Indiana alone, I went to a small bookstore and purcahsed over half a dozen CDs for classical symphonies, ragtime, and jazz. I will admit, it gets harder with “pop” classical like Für Eilse or The Barber of Seville.

I was more looking for a digital way to purchase them :wink: but i appreciate the tip

@KingMooCow yes it is indeed french. Yann Tiersen made it.

Awesome, I love the Mountain King! It sucks though, because you can’t go ballistic like in rock concerts…

Really, some Classical pieces I’ve heard have the same, if not more, intensity of rock concerts.

1 Like

I’d agree with that, when the music fills you up inside. Its a magnificent feeling, especially when you get the perfect build to a most satisfying crescendo.

One of the better things out there:

Could the Skyrim theme count as classical?

Well, that’s the big argument with video game music today when comparing it to past genres. I’ve actually never played Skyrim, but I’ve heard it and know that situation with other games. For one example in my experience, I know a lot of the music from the console Fire Emblem games (Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn) are heavily “classically” inspired (it’s also called “high-art music”, since “Classical” is already a musical era).

If you exclude the age factor, some games’ scores pretty much fit the description, at least as a sub-genre. Now that sound technology’s gotten better, composers can work at a similar level to previous high-art generations. Just look at the growing number of orchestrated games!

(We are looking at before 1950 in the topic, though, so I guess for that we’d have to say no… If we were to say modern popular classical, sure. I could definitely agree to that.)

2 Likes

Okay Everyone, I have an Idea! Each week let us try to do our best to get music classical music of three different peoples, This week is the **Cossacks, Russians, and last but never the least Ukrainian. LETS DO THIS PEOPLE! **

For the Cossacks out there!

For the Men & Women of the Motherland!

To our Ukrainians!

Its classical in fantasy world of GeorgeR. R. Martin
_gridnick

1 Like