[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

hey hey, just wondering what the honey is stored under? they were being stored in stockpiles but as soon as it was removed from “all” they arent being stored anymore?

Hey, you may want to take a look at the mod again as the most recent update might have broken the AI’s eating routine which causes them to be in an eating loop, making them starve to death as they never complete their eating animation.

According to multiple and one official source, disabling Stonehearth Cafe fixed the bug, so it’s a very high possibility that it’s caused by this particular mod.

The original bug report can be found here: Hearthlings are in a pointless eating marathon

3 Likes

Anyone else find they can’t keep yaks or pigs? Is it just me?

OK, i love this mod but an issue just popped up where my hearthings wont go get anything to drink. i get an error message in the beginning when i start a new game but I didn’t stop to read what it was. I will load up the game again and post the message just in case that may be the issue. My poor hearthlings are getting dehydrated and dying even tho they have plenty of juice and a well for water. I am using several mods including ACE. I recall the mod running smoothly before I added ACE to the list. Let me know if there is a way to fix this to work with ACE. THANKS!

release-949 (x64)[M]
cookmod/ai/actions/drink_action.lua:38: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
cookmod/ai/actions/drink_action.lua:38: in function ‘rating_fn’
…th/ai/actions/find_best_reachable_entity_by_type.lua:76: in function <…th/ai/actions/find_best_reachable_entity_by_type.lua:64>
(tail call): ?
stonehearth/components/item_finder/item_search.lua:214: in function <stonehearth/components/item_finder/item_search.lua:204>
(tail call): ?

the mod is outdated

What nightlancer said. (Can’t Quote him, don’t know why .-.)

Also, with the new ACE Update, there should be a new drinking system included, if I’m not completely mistaken.

Yes ACE Unstable has drinking added

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I figured it out after playing ACE for a while. and HOLY SHIT BANTO! :star_struck: I watch your youtube a lot! I love your builds, and you were the guy that got me into this game! so Thanks! Keep it up! :grin:

6 Likes

Aww that made my day thank you so very much :merry:
Hope you will have lots of fun with Stonehearth!

4 Likes

@Froggy since the mod is quite badly outdated nowadays, do you mind if the assets inside it are used to bring some new life to parts of it at least?
im thinking pigs specifically.

if you want an answer best is to contact him via steam Steam Community :: Kastagir ^^ there sometimes a small window where he answers xDDD

Please feel free to use what you wish.

4 Likes

thank you! and thanks for the answer :smiley:

1 Like

If anyone does continue Froggy’s fantasic work, please could you resurrect the working windmill sails? I always loved those

Honestly those are probably the easiest to revive (I guess it’s nothing but a decoration with a default animation) though it’s animation might even be used for other things you want spinning around all the time

1 Like

I think it’d be cool if it could strong-arm certain workstations to craft quicker. But maybe that is a discussion not meant for this thread.

actually, using ACE’s add-on/transforming button system, this would be possible.
crafting station+windmill= crafting station with windmill above it. though that would, to make it look good, also need an axel animation to transfer its power to its crafting station. its a cool idea though!
though i wouldnt know how to actually have a crafting table buff a crafters crafting speed.
possible a sort of short range invisible AOE buff, if there is a buff that speeds up crafting time

Do I gather that you mean making the crafting stationj into a different crafting station, that could work. I was thinking along the lines of connecting the windmill outside to workstations inside to make them powered. To manipulate the crafting speed I’d say put in a line of code that says

work_units = ceiling(work_units*0.8)

making use of the work_units variable specified in the recipe json files of each item, which tells the game how many crafting animations the hearthling has to do to complete a craft. Maybe said json file can have a new line like

"powered" : "true"

or
“powered” : “wind”`

to specify that only certain recipes from a workstation can be sped up (using only certain kinds of power). However, you’d need to code that behaviour yourself.

Other powering mechanisms like water and thunder could be used, but now I’m my thouhts are getting out of hand.

EDIT: the best way to make the system work would be with the line

"powered" : [ "wind", "shock", "water" ]

for maximum flexibility.

work_units are not used anymore. use effort instead. It measures how long the craft takes in in-game minutes