[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

Same here, error pops up on the Customize Your Party screen and then again once I’ve chosen a spot for the village.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am aware of the issues and have spent most of today looking at them.

Not sure I can fix this to be honest. The way I’m interpreting the new calorie system is confusing. It seems that the new system reads identical data in, and is referenced from multiple locations. Coupled with some lua hardcoding issues - It’s hurting my head. (constants.lua, constants.json and base_human.json O.o)

I don’t like working with lua overrides because they break after almost every update…

At the moment the mod doesn’t work, and so I would recommend removing it. I need to rethink the direction of the mod and see what’s what.

The good news is the easter break is coming up, and so I should be able to spend some time on it, but it looks like I’m going to have to strip out the faulty functionality - which means a step backwards for the mod.

7 Likes

We appreciate all the work ya do Froggy and thanks for the heads up! I love this mod as much as anyone, but you better not spend your whole easter break slaving away. Have some fun!! I’d rather it take a bit longer to get an update, than hear you’ve tortured yourself on your off time.

1 Like

for me the mod is working perfectly fine other than the notification popping up so i am continuing to use it with no issues XD. its just when you load the game it pops up so im fine with that XD

1 Like

Error

release-707 (x64)[M]
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:309: attempt to index local ‘last_thought_event’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:245: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:256: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:250>
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:309: in function ‘remove_thought’
…onehearth/components/thoughts/thoughts_component.lua:75: in function ‘_cancel_response’
…onehearth/components/thoughts/thoughts_component.lua:55: in function ‘remove_thought’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:725: in function ‘remove_thought’
cookmod/ai/observers/thirst_observer.lua:96: in function ‘_adjust_health_and_status’
cookmod/ai/observers/thirst_observer.lua:63: in function ‘fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:370: in function ‘_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:445: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Yaks aren’t being transported to their pens and shepherds keep routing back to the spot where they find the yak.

1 Like

Yes, I’m having this problem too, but also with the pigs.

I managed to reproduce your issue as well and deleted the mod for now. It litteraly makes your shepherd braindead somehow

My guess is that it has to do with the AI and how it can act very, very dumb sometimes.

It wants to complete the task (I.E. herd the pig/yak into the pasture), but there’s no coding for the Shepard herding the yak, so it tries to complete a task it cannot do.

I know nothing about coding, so I’m probably dreadfully wrong.

any chance for an update for a21?

@Kitkat_Matt, Froggy wrote about A21 a few days ago:

so then BASICALLY this mods’ going to die :confused:

That is not how I would interpret that. Given that Stonehearth is made to be moddable - if Froggy reports the issues to the team, they typically will help resolve the issue if they can.

2 Likes

The good news is, I think its fixed now.

The bad news is its taken 9 hours (because I have no idea what I’m doing most of the time and most of it is me rolling my face over the keyboard) and I’m too tired to finish testing and push the changes. It’s ran error free for 4 in game days so far and I’ll leave it running while I take a nap (it’s nearly 4am!)

I’ll finish working on it tomorrow morning. I want to check that all the functionality is back and I want to add some more stuff too.

There may be life in its old bones yet!

9 Likes

Rayya’s blessing upon you good frog! The Guildmother smiles on those that work diligently. :jubilant:

4 Likes

Froggy, any possibility we could get the Honey/Bees as a separate mod ? I truely love the idea of Honey + Water + Herbs = Tea made by cook. However I feel like currently the 3 animals extra are just too much for my 30/50 hearthling city. I also can’t really spare another cook to do double the recipes. However the game is currently lacking a drink for your people and I think Tea is the most basic stuff we can expect from cavemen :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve updated the mod, it hasn’t exploded although I haven’t done any extensive play testing beyond 14 days.

Animals should now follow the shepherd properly and the hydration service is working again. Can’t guarantee saves aren’t broken though :confused:

Not sure about separating out components of the mod (mostly because I don’t really have time to maintain multiple mods) but I do like the idea of tea! I’ll add it to my to do list.

6 Likes

It’s not as much a separation, as maybe another look at the current recipe list. I started playing with this mod before I was any good and by the time the cook actually became useful it was extremely overwhelming. Drinks being a separate category would be a nice addition. Gives some overview over all the stuff you gotta cook.

1 Like

I think you are in the wrong thread kobold :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll start playing with it again as it’s updated and I’ll let you know if I experience any other issues.

1 Like