[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

I want to thank you for this wonderfull mod. I played it on A16 first.

But now it does not work on my game correctly, I cannot build a well.
I started a new game after I unpacked it.stonehearth.log (25.2 KB)

Hmm. Why are you unpacking it? Are you downloading the rar, rather than the smod?
Personally Iā€™d use the .smod and just put it as it is into the mods directory. If you would rather use the rar file then you need to ensure youā€™ve unpacked it correctly. Iā€™m on my mobile so I canā€™t confirm the directory structureā€¦but it sounds like youā€™re cookmod/cookmod/manifest and not cookmod/manifestā€¦ so just use the .smod :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help.

I downloaded the .smod but I cannot build a well.
The Carpenter build it, does he?

Mason builds it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh thanks. :smile:
I should have watchedā€¦ (is this sentence correct?)

So, Alpha 18 seems to have borked this one and Brewery Mod, farming json files have changed or something, as the new crops are no longer available from either mod. Tried messing with it a bit, but no luck.

Thanks for the catch. Iā€™ve uploaded a fix

2 Likes

It seems the Honey quest is screwed up at 18 as well, playing a new game with the newest download, and no bee tree quest.

Hmm, I canā€™t replicate.

Starting a new game and using the console command add_gold 3501 exceeds the threshold and starts the quest.

Might be a conflicting mod. If you have the debug tools installed you can check whatā€™s happening in the campaign browser. Unless the ā€˜bee treeā€™ has a place to spawnā€¦ it wont.

2 Likes

@Froggy may I just say how impressed I am that you are still maintaining this mod. I think it is the longest running mod.

Awesome work man.

3 Likes

thats correct with 6.feb its the longest running mod ^^ i still remember the first tests at the beginning xD and two days later i have released my first tested version of the german translation with the cookmod included xDDD

4 Likes

Why thank you very much Mr Squish!

/Gets out his smoking jacket and pipe

ā€œI remember back in the day when this mod actually implemented the cook. Oh how the times have changed!ā€

As long as people keep downloading it, Iā€™ll keep updating it.

As an aside RepeatPan and I have just finished the first draft of a small scale collaboration which will be announced while Iā€™m at Pax! Iā€™m very happy with it so far! Iā€™ll also be working on another mod with Team Stonehearth while Iā€™m there.

Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I downloaded the smod and put in folder but when i try to start a new farm it get this error and no crops are available for planting:

release-610 (x64)[M]
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/farming/farming_service.lua:149: attempt to index local ā€˜cropā€™ (a boolean value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/farming/farming_service.lua:149: in function ā€˜_get_crop_listā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/farming/farming_service.lua:81: in function 'get_all_crop_typesā€™
stonehearth/call_handlers/farming_call_handler.lua:57: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/farming_call_handler.lua:56>

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid you have to be running the latest branch on steam in order to play this mod.

There has been some crop refactoring in the latest release, which is why its erroring for you.

If you are running the game via steam, you can enable the latest branch by following the instructions at the bottom of this page:

http://stonehearth.net/development/

3 Likes

Is the mod been updated for A17 :open_mouth: ?

I update it every time there is a release on the ā€˜latest branchā€™ or an issue is raised by CAFE users :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh thatā€™s fine, Iā€™m happy to opt in. Just wondering if this will mess up the couple of other mods I have installed though (is furniture mods) I only ever install from this site.

Iā€™ve been playing with this lately and I find the addition of potatoes and rice get reallyā€¦ useless once youā€™re using farmers/shepherds.

Potatoes arenā€™t useful for anything but meat and potato pie(which requires jerky). Rice only has 2 recipes and neither are that great in terms of resources.

Also, with the addition of Alpha 18 with merchants having a limited amount of gold can you lower the price these 2 sell for? I like the mod, but I still like the challenge and with rice/potatoes selling for SO MUCH more than all other crops it kinda gets broken.

1 Like

then get the brewerymod to this then you can boil them and make some alk xDDD

I think I had a problem with something with the brewery mod in alpha 17. Like theyā€™d only drink water and never drink ale?