[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

Hmmmm. The game probably see’s gathering water from the well as the same priority as other gathering tasks. Not realising that water is quite important now -.-

I need to change the well mechanic…

If it becomes a pain you can go into the manifest and change

"controllers": {
  "observers:food_buff": "file(ai/observers/food_buffs_observer.lua)",
  "observers:thirst": "file(ai/observers/thirst_observer.lua)"
 }

to

"controllers": {
  "observers:food_buff": "file(ai/observers/food_buffs_observer.lua)"
 }

This will disable the thirst mechanic

1 Like

Eh its not so bad, im just ignoring the wells and making a giant prickly pear farm. more efficient to get water from those currently XD.
personally i would still advise my earlier suggestion, tie it into the crafting system so you can just have a slackoff or two (cough weaver and herbalist cough) stock up water to a certain level.
ps. see my earlier edit for more details, but yes i think your correct in that they see it as the same priority as other gathering stuff, if not even lower)

EDIT: might also concider removing the water from the berry juice recipy and making that two berries or something (wine anyone;)? lol)

speaking on pears and berries: there is a berry juice cook option, but no pear juice cook option :smiley:, was that intentional or is it a “to do sometime in the future when i get around to it and Thahat stops bothering me” kinda thing ;)?

Oops, sorry about that ^^" Yeah, i use override because it was easier than mixin (I don’t know if we can remove things with mixin), so any mod that modify stockpile_filters.json will be incompatible.

I don’t use Café but maybe I could make a compatibility patch.

1 Like

I’ve taken out the water requirement for Berry Juice and I’ll make a pear juice now. This will make drinks easier to get in the early game.

In the meanwhile, buckets of water now contain 10 cups of water. Hearthlings drink cups of water, and so 1 bucket should now satisfy the needs of up to 10 Hearthlings.

I’m going to take a look at some of the suggestions with regards to automating the collection of water on a needs basis. I don’t think the workshop approach will work at the moment, but I’ll give it a go.

Ideally, the well would be a high capacity vault for storing water. You could then demolish it when it runs dry and build a new one. Unfortunately there is no way to currently spawn a chest in to the game with items in it. Unless you use the game master service… which is an incredibly convoluted way of doing things.

I’ll upload the changes once the pear juice is done.

Edit:

That’s the water bucket, fancy cook outfit, and juice changes pushed. Even with these minor changes drinking is much less of a faff around.

4 Likes

A stone well is unlocked around the same time you unlock the cook spoon, so it’s not that earlier.

Yeah but I think berries and prickly pears should be able to sustain a small hearthling population until they’ve built a well?

I’ve also now Frankensteined the well so that Hearthlings will drink from it directly when thirsty. If you want to get by on water alone, there will be no micro.

If you want to make more glamourous drinks for your minions there will be a little micro until I find a more suitable solution.

3 Likes

Have i told you you are awsome today yet? Froggy, you are awsome!
especially the drink-from-the-well-directly thing and the 10 cups from one bucket thing.
as far as solutions are concerned, this should at least make all the heartlings not die of thirst, and with a little micro they can have a cactus-coctail party after a hard days work :smiley:
if you need any testing support, give a shout ok ;)?

2 Likes

why not implement a water collection job :slight_smile: you there villager i make you responcible for collecting our water :slight_smile:

I can see it now “YO!, water boy” all those Adam Sandler quotes are flooding my head

1 Like

Water collector? Nut unless we add the noble craft of the trash-hauler first.:smile_cat:
That said, I think making the farmer periodically collect water would be a better idea.

1 Like

well he needs to water his plants so that would be logical

well technicly all the jobs would need water, a smith for quenching, a weaver for washing threads, a farmer for obvius reasons, same with the herbalist…

1 Like

Wait, I thought only gardeners did that; don’t ctops just live off the soil and irrigation channels?

gardeners just take care of your flower pots, they don’t help the farmers :slight_smile:

I meant it in the sense “farmers don’t need to water plants they just build irrigation channels”.

release-553 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (1000585 Jargen Sardis) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: (1059225 Stone Well (iconic)) has no stonehearth:drink_container entity data
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

cant place stone wells

I can place stone wells but the .png is not displaying in the inventory. it is a blank spot, hovering over it, it does display that it is a stone well.

Also had an issue where the mason was trying to drink from the well while it was still in iconic form in the stockpile. Received an ai spin notification. This did not crash anything, and after quickly placing it all the Hearthlings drank from it properly.

Loving the mod, thank you for all the additional goodies!

One problem i’ve noticed, however, is it seems your Yak model isn’t centered on it’s axis properly, causing it to graphically jump around/glitch when it turns.