[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

Really? oml sorry. Idk what mod adds the other banners lol

New update is out. I have removed the sunflower plant and replaced it with a tulip, all entities that used the sunflower now use the tulip instead and the tulips can be found in the temperate biome, sunflower crop is also now the tulip crop.

I’ve also added some more place effects, some fire flies for the foxfire and ember lantern, a bird flight effect for the bird house and a haunted ground effect to the sarcophagus (keep a close eye out on this late a night :ghost: )

So the recipe for one of the Raya’s Childern Shrines requires sunflowers… still… even after all sunflowers are now tulips. Also, my herbalist cannot craft tulip seeds, only sunflower ones. So… … also I am playing on a re-embarkment. I don’t know if that is where the hang up is.

Wait, this mod adds sunflowers and tulips too? Because both are vanilla plants now

@hellohypo if a shrine for Raya’s children requires sunflowers then it must be the vanilla Stonehearth sunflowers that were added not long ago, not the sunflowers that were added by this mod so it should be possible for you to get those sunflowers still. As for the tulips I will add some way to get seeds for those soon.

@BrunoSupremo it did add sunflowers that I first included a long time ago but as Stonehearth now adds them there is obviously no point in having duplicates so I’ve removed them, the tulips I’ve added are different from the cactus tulips but I will probably rename them to something less generic to avoid confusion.

Hey, is there any reason why your hanging ember plants don’t glow like the normal ember plants do? Would be a really awesome lamp substitute :slight_smile:

Edit: nvm, it seems they should glow (since you wrote about it literally three posts above) but they don’t work for me… are they only glowing by night or something? The normal plants work perfectly fine.

the way i added it to my fireplace in the nordling is for the smoke to go up staighter, stayin within a 1x1 wide box for quite a while and only divering high at the top, forcing players to make a functional chimnee, yes, but its not the worst sollution. at least it also make the firelight come out the top.

So the hanging ember pots don’t glow right now, but the wall mounted ember lantern does glow at night and act as a light source so you can use those. I might try out adding the particle effect to the hanging ember plants as well but I want to avoid having too many particle effects on items for performance reasons.

Then how about a light version without particles? I think, this game can use more sparkling :wink:

I’ve been having some issues with this mod’s items and building mode. For instance, I made a building and one of the decoration pieces was a berry curtain. I had a few made, so the item was available, but the building wouldn’t complete until I manually told them to place the curtain. This isn’t the only item from this mod that hearthlings won’t place during the building phase. Is this a known issue, or am I the only one having it?

I think I’ve found and solved the problem that was causing this, should be solved in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

Hello @The_M,

I experienced a pair of bugs when using your mod today that I haven’t before. Idk if anyone has mentioned them or if there is a mod conflict I may have but I wanted to post the error here to see if you could shed some light for me?

The first of two errors:

release-893 (x64)[M] c++ exception: 'settlementdecor' has no alias named 'tulip_flowers' in the manifest. stack traceback: [C]: in function 'load_json' radiant/modules/resources.lua:40: in function 'load_json' ...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:123: in function '_format_recipe' ...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:53: in function 'post_activate' radiant/modules/commons.lua:306: in function 'create_controller' ...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:27: in function 'add_crafter_info' ...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:36: in function 'get_crafter_info' smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:20: in function 'add_order' ...nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:190: in function 'queue_order_if_possible' ...earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:95: in function 'request_craft_product' ...omponents/building2/plan/nodes/crafter_jobs_node.lua:51: in function 'start' stonehearth/components/building2/plan/plan.lua:107: in function '_advance_plan' stonehearth/components/building2/plan/plan.lua:70: in function 'start' stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:859: in function '_on_building_start' stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:806: in function <stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:802> [C]: ? [C]: in function 'update' radiant/modules/events.lua:59: in function '_update' radiant/server.lua:66: in function <radiant/server.lua:63>

The second:

release-893 (x64)[M] ...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:128: attempt to index local 'ingredient_data' (a nil value) stack traceback: [C]: ? ...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:128: in function '_format_recipe' ...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:53: in function 'post_activate' radiant/modules/commons.lua:306: in function 'create_controller' ...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:27: in function 'add_crafter_info' ...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:36: in function 'get_crafter_info' smart_crafter/smart_craft_order_list.lua:20: in function 'add_order' ...nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:190: in function 'queue_order_if_possible' ...earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:95: in function 'request_craft_product' ...omponents/building2/plan/nodes/crafter_jobs_node.lua:51: in function 'start' stonehearth/components/building2/plan/plan.lua:107: in function '_advance_plan' stonehearth/components/building2/plan/plan.lua:70: in function 'start' stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:859: in function '_on_building_start' stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:806: in function <stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:802> [C]: ? [C]: in function 'update' radiant/modules/events.lua:59: in function '_update' radiant/server.lua:66: in function <radiant/server.lua:63>

The error disables my ability to tell my carpenter to produce anything.

So the first error is because in the latest update for the mod I renamed all of the tulip flowers in the mod to box plants to make them a bit more unique so now any old saves that refer to those will bring up an error. Hopefully though this should only happen once when loading an old save and never again when loading a new save made after the update. You may have to change any farms that were growing tulip flowers as well though if you were growing them.

The second error seems to be coming from the smart crafter mod. I doubt this is related to the first error as the carpenter doesn’t produce anything that uses the old tulip flowers. It could be caused by another change that I made which was to remove the shelf from the carpenter, as vanilla Stonehearth now has its own shelves so there was no need to have it in the mod. If you had a shelf queued up at the time you made the save that is likely the cause of the error. One possible fix is to demote your carpenter to a normal worker and then promote them again that might solve the problem.

In reading your response I realized I forgot some details :sweat_smile:

This error occurred on a fresh save after a complete uninstall and reinstall of Stonehearth.

Ah! I see that now! My mistake :sweat_smile:. I will send the second error their way then :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your prompt responses!
Lostsouls46

I’ve tried replicating the error you had but haven’t been able to, somehow there must be an old tulip flower entity in that save file for you to get that error but if you made the save after I updated the mod I’m not sure how. The only other thing I could do is take a look at the save file if you upload it for me.

So, funnily enough, the issue magically fixed itself this morning and I have no idea how or why :sweat_smile:. So I guess there’s nothing to fix lol. Thanks either way!

Lostsouls46

hi , repport a little bug (i have post on the steam too )
in “input_box_filters.json” file you have missing change the the tulip into box_plant :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report. Should be fixed now.

any chance you could make an update to the mod to include taller spiked fences? I’d love to build a city surrounded by wooden palisades but currently they’re so small that i’m forced to build solid wood walls topped by the spiked fences. it looks so awkward because it goes from a nice wooden texture to solid brown blocks. even if i were to recolor different individual blocks it still looks off because it’s chunks of solid color topped by a textured object that has more detail than the blocks below.

I could definitely add this, I’ll try and add something soon if I can.