Mod interference between HOMF and Candledark

Hello! First time posting here. Mostly I haunt the Steam discussion board for Stonehearth, but the modding community seems most active on this page.

I recently tried to play the Candledark mod content, but found that my Heroes of Many Faces mod was not working correctly with it. After removing the Candledark.smod from my mod folder the HMOF.smod started functioning correctly again. I can’t seem to get the two to cooperate with one another. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks in advance.

hey there @TheFives, welcome to the discourse :smile:

hmm… haven’t tried using HOMF and Candledark together before, but i’ll test it out later to see if i also have problems. in the meantime i’ll page @Drotten (creator of HOMF) and @Froggy (creator of Candledark) to see if they can help out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive never tried using mods with stonehearth… is the game even stable enough for that? i mean it barely works without mods at the moment.

Hmm, I’ll take a look at the mods and see what the issue is. Depending on how it looks like, I may make a special version of Homf that works together with Candledark.

Also, to answer @AdriannaVentara:

The game itself is built from ground up to work with mods (in fact, Stonehearth is built as a mod itself!), so mods do work well with it. Of course, that also assumes that the mod is up to date with the game, otherwise you will get weird errors and such, or the mod won’t even load if it’s too out of date.

If you want to know which mods currently work with Stonehearth, you can take a look at the Current Mods category here in the Discourse.