Looking good! Would be nice to have in the game. I hope you make it require a hearthling (worker) to function.
A couple of thoughts that you can do with as you wish. Not that I’m an expert on animating trebuchets or anything. Just looking at pictures and thinking about why they look the way they do.
- Make the whole thing shake a bit as if it’s about to tumble forward when the arm stops and it needs to absorb the momentum. Show that there are big forces at work.
- The hexagonal shape of the arm is unnecessary. Keep it square to fit the style. Wide at the weight and the center of rotation and thinner on the other side, like a fork.
- It’s more practical to have a big bin with weights than one big boulder, though a big boulder gives it a certain style of course.
- Move the weight closer to the center of rotation. The more difference there is between the length of the arm on the weight side and the ammunition side the more speed the ammunition will get, since the weight should still fall at roughly the same speed.
- Having a longer sling for the ammunition adds to the speed as well.
- Move the spool of rope further back or further down so the weight have room to dangle a bit. Adds to the forceful animation.
Keep up the good work! Cheers!