[MOD] Commemorative Tombstones/Items [v 1.2.0 | W.I.P]

May I ask how big these models are (as in how much kb does your .qb take up). I’m toying with doing this as well, to fix the gap between how much space the voxels of some of my models take in, and that what it should take in. (a pattern of twelveths would have been so much better than tenths).

Of course you may! :slight_smile:

My tombstones consist of 4 models: Left; Center; Right; Icon.

• The Left and Right models take 148 kb each
  • The Center model take 168 kb
  • The Icon model take 148 kb

This brings a total of 612 kb for a combined model.
(The total file-size to allow all my 10200 possible model-variations is 6.3 MB)

I hope this will help you, @nikosthefan!

2 Likes

Download link is now provided in the first entry.
This mod will not replace any existing tombstones - but, while this mod is active any Hearthling-death will be memorialized with a custom tombstone displaying the Hearthlings job upon its death.

Version 1.0 also include a Poyo Statue recipe for the Mason.
This statue simply serve as a tool for verification of installation on your end. However, I believe I will create more statues for later versions - thus, this Poyo Statue shall remain in future versions as well.

2 Likes

Tripple-post; but, it can not be helped at this moment.

Progress have been slow the last few days, because every time I’ve been able to be by my computer there has been renovations going on in the apartments surrounding mine; the noise has been too much to handle and thus it has been impossible to perform any work what so ever! :frowning:

Nevertheless, for the curious one, I can provide a small sneak-peek onto what the next update will bring!

Peek

Heartling Bust! (Not bust as in breast - but bust as in the statue/sculpture)

One recipe provides as many variations as the regular Heartling variation in Stonehearth. More info will be provided at the next mod update.

As you can see, I still have to work with the color and material maps; there will be all kinds of glorious stone colors in these models.
But as I said, there has been too much noise - all day, every day - to make any progress over the last few days.

This will be my last update for at least a week - maybe two - as I am going to Norway to take a long, long hiking among the mountains. I’m leaving in just a few hours after posting this.
It will only be me, my fiancée, and whatever food and supply we are able to bring. If all goes well, I shall be back to working on the mod in no more than 2 weeks. Cheers!

UPDATE:
Ok, so I’m back from my hiking in the mountains - I survived! The experience was amazing; but, this is not what this post is supposed to be about so I wont tell you any more about it.
The construction-noises are still going strong in my house; making it damn near impossible to do anything at all!
…however, rumour has it that Friday next week is the last day of construction-work (for now)!
So, at the latest, I’d guess I will be able to continue working with this mod September 25th.

Sorry about the “slow progress”, but all this noise really turns my brain into non-functional mush.

6 Likes

These tombstones look great! So much better color. Thank you for modding!

1 Like

Thank you - your kind words are highly appreciated! :slight_smile:
Hopefully I’ll be able to post an update to this very mod later this week.

1 Like

Version 1.1 is (finally?) released. It “only” adds Busts.
…no, not the female part used to feed babies - the statues!

busts

The first post has been updated with a new download link.

3 Likes

Odd, the link works just fine for me - would you mind trying it again?

Very strange, works fine now; maybe dropbox was just having a moment when I tried earlier

Could be the case.
Thank you for letting me know though - please inform me if you run into any issues! :slight_smile:

Ok, so this post was supposed to go up a few weeks ago - but I never got around to it due to various reasons.
TLDR: No update until some time 2018.

Longer version: For years, candles have been something I connect to remembering and honoring dead people; thus I only found it natural to include a way to make candles (of various colors) into this mod.
I’ve been modelling a workbench for the Trapper - used to harvest animal fat from pelts; animal fat can be melted into tallow; tallow can be turned into candles (at this stage it is possible to add colors).

Seeing how the unstable release is ‘the big thing’ right now and a lot of things may change as it gets patched, I will refrain from updating this mod with new stuff until - at least - Alpha 23 reaches a stable place.
If you are currently using this mod for Alpha 23 and find something that does not work properly, please report it back to me.

December and January are very busy months for me, but hopefully I’ll be able to continue work with this mod as soon as Alpha 23 reaches stable release.

10 Likes

watches from the shadows

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’re watching any more.
But hopefully soon™ :shushing_face:

5 Likes

I’ve been working on this mod including new models and other things.
But I just can’t figure out how to set up the Trapper with crafting abilities so it’s taking quite a while :frowning:

Trapper+ mod should have the info you need or ask daniangione for help

1 Like

Indeed, setting up a job as a crafter is relatively simple, it basically requires 3 things:

1 - You have to monkey patch (or override - although I don’t recommend that) their LUA controller to add the crafting_job controller as a base for their job (and not the base_job controller).

2 - Then you have to edit their description, giving them the necessary things you can find on other crafters (experience per craft, workshop, workshop UI skin, recipe list, etc…) and also, very importantly, you must add the crafting task group to their AI.

3 - Finally, you need to supply them with such things, the recipe list, the crafting UI, etc.

I’d suggest you take a look on Trapper+ and how it’s done because that’s exactly what it does, it turns the Trapper into a crafter, so everything you need to learn is in there.

The complexity is not in this setup, however… The real issue is that having a crafter will also require you to come up with a whole new heap of content, crafting stations and such.

Now, if I may give you some advice on a non-technical level, however… I don’t know the reasons why you’d make the Trapper a crafter but assuming it’s related to what this mod originally started as, like graves per profession, statues and such… I’d advise you to go for other crafters instead. Crafting is interesting when the crafting itself is related to their profession, sort of, and having the Trapper just craft some statues or decorations that are not really related to what they do (just with what they are) might feel a bit bland/empty in content. On the other hand, I understand that you might want certain things to only be accessible if you have the Trapper (and that’s why they would be the ones crafting) - but if that’s the case, I would like to offer you a suggestion that would also make your life much easier since it’s something far simpler than retrofitting a job into a crafter:

Take a look at how the Geomancer works - when you promote a geomancer, it unlocks recipes on other crafters. You could do something similar, promoting each different class could “unlock” the recipes you want on someone else like a basic crafter (carpenter, mason, etc…)
That would be much simpler than turning a field work job into a crafting job from scratch - and also much more consistent :merry:

Just a thought!
Whatever you decide, let me know if you need any help!

3 Likes

You have some very interesting ideas, I must say! I will give it some thinking and perhaps re-work my current idea all together.
I’ve actually glanced at the Trapper+ mod and taken some inspiration already; but I think I’ve gotten lost somewhere during step 2 and I would have to take a closer look based on Trapper+.

The only reason I wanted the Trapper to be a crafter is because I found it “the most logical way” that they are the ones to craft candles. Candles which would first require the Trapper to harvest animal fat and make tallow. (So 3 different “craftables” from one class)
But as you state, it might feel “pushed” into this class instead of just adding this tech-tree into another crafter.

Thank you, @nightlancer and @DaniAngione!

Candles would be a herbalist job in my opinion

3 Likes

I do have a chandler mod half finished (and it is indeed an herbalist job in my mod) that uses the resources from Trapper+ (the waxes I added, etc) and candles are “passively” consumed by light sources every day :merry:

herbalist_chandlery

6 Likes