It happens to the best of us: sometimes, Hearthlings die.
It is a sad event; but other than having a generic tombstone spawn into the world, there is not much notice about it. Until now.
Allow me to introduce my very first attempt at custom made Stonehearth models and my very first Stonehearth mod.
This mod add items which allow you to honor your fallen; pay regards to your passed; remember the great names of your settlement.
This post will be updated as progression is made.
Current mod-version: 1.1 - Updated for Stonehearth: A22.
Additions in this update
Bust statues have been added.
For reference, the generic tombstone is found on the very left.
These personalized tombstones are all in the exact same size as the generic tombstone.
There are also other model variations to the tombstones which are smaller or bigger than the generic tombstone. (Suggested by @omar.elnaggary )
No two tombstones on the image above are alike - in total, there are 600 different model variations for each profession.
The icons are chiseled on the tombstones; the background has been masoned out and thus the icons appear as “raised”.
These custom tombstones are spawned upon the death of a Hearthling and simply replaces the generic one.
Busts and Statues
The Mason can craft Bust statues and other statues to honor long-forgotten Hearthlings and animals.
Bust statue examples:
There are as many model variations of the Bust statues, as there are for regular Hearthlings in Stonehearth.
Stone Poyo statue:
Download .smod from link above.
Put the .smod within your mods-folder within your Stonehearth-folder.
This mod overrides the action memorialize_death_action; thus, it will not work with any other mod which edits this action, too.
There are mods out there which add new professions/jobs to Stonehearth - the generic tombstone will be used for any (dead) Hearthling whos’ profession does not have a custom tombstone model.
If you are the developer of such a mod and would like me to create custom tombstones based on your professions, please provide me a link to your mod and we’ll sort it out
If you are the creator of a mod that add hair styles, animals, etc, and want me to implement these for the Bust statues or custom animal statues etc, please provide me a link to your mod and we’ll sort that out as well!
- The Mason shall gain new recepies revolving around honoring those who are no longer alive. (Statue, Stele, Monument, Altar?)
- A high-level Mason shall be able to “transform” a specific tombstone into an upgraded tombstone or maybe a mausoleum. (Suggested by @Gaddiel)
- Based of their conversation-history, Hearthlings will have a list of friends. Additionally, Hearthlings will be able to mourn lost friends. (This may take place during idle moments, or it may take priority over work the first few days after the very death)
- Additional ideas I can think of and that I find fitting for this mod.
- The Carpenter shall gain new recepies revolving around honoring those who are no longer alive. (Statue, Stele)
- The Potter shall gain new recepies revolving around honoring those who are no longer alive. (Statue, Stele)
All planned features are subject to change or removal; it all comes down to what features I’m able to figure out as I go.
Newer versions include everything from previous version unless otherwise noted.
- Female Bust statue
- Male Bust statue
- Model variations for the Female and Male busts, based on Heartling variation in Stonehearth
Added Mason recipes:
- Female Bust
- Male Bust
- Profession-specific Tombstones
- 600 different Tombstone model variatons (for each profession!)
- Poyo (stone) statue
- 4 different Poyo Statue model variatons
Added Mason recipe:
- Poyo Statue
- Upon Hearthling death, the generic Tombstone is replaced by a profession-specifc Tombstone
(This mod was based around ideas originally spawned in this Suggestions discussion)