[Mod] Better Storage v1.5

This is all great until TR makes another change to the modding API, or does a major UI overhaul, or similar. Automation is great, but without knowing what TR will do in the future it will only last so long. No automated process could’ve predicted the memory saving changes Yang would make in A18, so it wouldn’t have worked here. Once the game is feature complete, extending the API, automating processes, etc. will be much easier (and useful). Note: this is my personal opinion, I’m not speaking in my role as a moderator.

Totally agreed. A matter of projected value vs projected costs.
My suggestion was assuming that making that “automation” is relatively cheap, which it may not turn out to be, since I don’t have the full details.

1 Like

I think xkcd: Automation has a good rebuttal of that thought.

3 Likes

lol. true. In many cases where it “goes wrong”. Most of the time, when people “think too far ahead”.

In the current context, a more “quick and dirty” thing is intended, which is usually more feasible because this approach looks for advantages “now” instead of “future”.

I am estimating that at least for the first part: creating the “registry” by crawling through json files, is actually quite easy. But having no knowledge atm for how stockpile filters work, I cannot comment on what happens after that yet.

I may actually try to do at least the first part if I can gather the motivation later (currently, I don’t feel like coding at home as well), if nobody tried it yet, that is. Then perhaps we can see whether it is easier to generate the rest of a mod based on the gathered/organized data.

Just for the fact, I already use a little automated C# script that parses all the entities of an unzipped smod and gives me a table of their names and tags. Then I paste the table in Excel and use filters to see items by tags, etc. Simple and helpful.

2 Likes

New version 0.18.2 for Stonehearth Alpha 18 stable 663 released !

• Enlarged stockpile UI window, so every filters are visible without scrolling!
  • Added compatibility patch for Stonehearth Cafe 1.7

Yes, it’s true, a compatibility patch for Stonehearth Cafe 1.7 (cookmod) is available right now on Github and Dropbox!

Also, the Dropbox mirror for BS is back.

4 Likes

Gotta give this one a try :slight_smile: seems like a cool idea

Do i need both cookmod_bs and better_stockpiles.smod if i use café mod?

Yes you need the three files : better_stockpiles.smod, cookmod.smod and cookmod_bs.smod

1 Like

@Shinsaka I have a chart that might help.

does this look correct?

1 Like

@Geokhan Yeah seems correct. Btw I’m working on Brewery Mod to see if it needs a compatibility patch.

2 Likes

@Shinsaka Hi, I encountered a problem where the hearthlings won’t store sugarcane, which is from the Brewery Mod. Is it under drinks or raw ingredients…? I can’t seem to make them store sugarcanes any where. Some advise is much needed. Thanks for the great mod, and glad that you’ve made it compatible with the cook mod.

1 Like

Hi Thanks for this mod.

1 Like

Yes, Brewery Mod is not compatible yet. Working on it!

New version 0.18.3 for Stonehearth Alpha 18 stable 663 released !

• Moved “Meat” filter to “Food & Drink” category.
  • Renamed “Raw Food” filter to “Fruits & Vegetables”.
  • Renamed “Grain Flour” filter to “Cooking Ingredients”, with a new tag.
  • Updated compatibility patch for Stonehearth Cafe 1.7
  • Added compatibility patch for Brewery Mod Alpha 18

The compatibility patch for Brewery Mod Alpha 18 is now available!

As Brewery Mod is a companion mod to Stonehearth Cafe, you need the three mods and the two compatibility patchs for everything to work. Your mods folder should contain the following files:

• better_stockpile.smod
  • brewerymod.smod
  • brewerymod_bs.smod
  • cookmod.smod
  • cookmod_bs.smod

I’ve updated the food filters for better compatibility. Now the “Food & Drink” category contains the edible foods and beverages, plus rotten foods, and the “Ingredients” category contains the inedible foods, only used in cook recipes. With SC and BM mods, the new “Cooking Ingredients” filters contains Flour, Corn Meal, Cocoa Powder, Yeast, Sugar, Potato and Rice.

3 Likes

@Shinsaka This is a good mod. However, perhaps, does it exclude worker_outfit_2 and worker_outfit_winter from light armors? :sweat_smile: Hearthlings can’t carry these wears to anywhere, thus all of them pull their dress off and throw it to the floor. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for this report, @VoQn ! I indeed missed out this two armors with “worker_outfit” tag. I’ll add a filter for it in the next update.

2 Likes

New version 0.18.4 for Stonehearth Alpha 18 stable 663 released!

• Added “Worker Outfits” filter to “Equipment” category. Upgraded Worker Outfit and Winter Worker Outfit are now correctly stored by Hearthlings.

Updated compatibility patch for Stonehearth Cafe 1.7:

• Corrected bug with Fancy Cook Outfit and Fisherman’s Rod.
  • Fancy Cook Outfit is now stored under “Worker Outfits” filter.
6 Likes

Created an account just to thank you for this mod! This design is really how is should be in the vanilla game. I’m sure the developers are getting there.

5 Likes

actually i’ve talked to @yshan about how the stockpiles work;

doing something like this actually puts MORE load on the computer, as, iirc, whenever an item isn’t in a stockpile, it is than checked against ALL stockpiles, to see where it can go, and than which stockpile is closest. by further increasing the amount of filter, you’re increasing the amount of checks that an item needs to go through.

this was a long while back though, so i’m not 100% sure if i’m remembering that explanation correctly, or if i’m paraphrasing it right.

2 Likes