That’s an excellent idea ! Oh wait… what about chests or output containers ?
I wont claim to know how to do this part, but a mock up would be something like this:
Have a second tab for granular input_filters. Problem with this is I cant see how you would achieve it without overides
It’s a conundrum thats for sure.
Maybe a little bit more generic, but it is still has its uses. For example, I tend to place containers with crafter-specific filters inside houses of my crafters as a “general” storage and place request/output containers to prioritize input/output and control the flow of resources visually (no fiber in the bin for weaver => get more fiber). General containers have greater size and can hold many item types, so adding request containers does not outdate filtering them.
One typical use: vanilla containers classify both flowers and fiber as “plants”, making it hard to place a container for weaver/herbalist with surplus resource stock. And since I tend to have 30-100 flowers/fibers at the ready, that requires too much request containers - but only one or two chests.
With the latest pre-release on Steam and Github I’m testing a new layout that will, I hope, improve compatibility and efficiency.
Here is a summary of the changes made so far for Alpha 24:
- Made the stockpile and input box windows larger and draggable (overriding stockpile.less and stockpile.js)
- Changes to stockpile_filters.json and input_box_filters.json are now mixins instead of overrides. Compatibility with mods like Stonehearth Cafe is improved.
- Changed Ore and Ingots categories back to filters in the stockpile. Compatibility with mods adding new metals is improved.
- Changed flowers filters back to Herbs filter in the stockpiles. Compatibility with mods adding new herbs is improved.
- Changed “Raw Meat”, “Raw Veggie”, “Cooked Meat” and “Cooked Veggie” categories back to filters in the stockpile. Compatibility with mods adding new foods is improved.
- The input box still uses granular filters for Ore, Ingots, Raw Veggie and Raw Meat.
- Added new A24 cooking ingredients to the stockpile and input box.
- Added new A24 raw meats to the input box.
- Moved Gears and Gold Flakes from Ingots to Refined Goods category.
- Separated Workshops from Tools.
- Added Seeds filter and improved Uproot Plants filter.
Some issues still remain:
- Plant entities in Stonehearth don’t have good material tags (they generally just have “stockpile_plant”). I’m forced to use lots of mixins to separate herbs, saplings, uproot plants and seeds. Can lead to incompatibilities with mods adding plants.
- Some furniture in Stonehearth are missing specific material tags, like tables, beds, workshops or traps. Again, I’m forced to use mixins to correct the tags, reducing compatibility with mods adding furniture.
I’m open to feedback and advice. I know I’m changing mind and reverting changes with BS pretty often but, well, it’s an Alpha game anyway, mods will be stable when Stonehearth is stable ^^
Maybe consider having an “official” BS material tags list, for other modders? We as a modding community are pretty small right now, if we’re going to have community resources, this is the best time to implement them. Ideally talk with other mod authors of items that use filters (@Froggy for Stonehearth Cafe, I assume?) so that you can synchronize redundant categories. Have a list of those categories, as well as examples of things that could go into each. This way, if I ever make a plants-enabled mod, it’ll be compatible with any BS compatible mods out of the box
There’s already a WIP guide for tags on github : Material Tags · ShinjiSakanami/BetterStorage Wiki · GitHub
It will be updated when A24 and BS 1.3 are finalized.
Better Storage is now updated to version 1.3 for Stonehearth Alpha 24+ Stable !
The UI errors with Stonehearth Beta r864 are now fixed on Steam Workshop and Github. Thanks to all who reported the issue.
Heya thank you for the great mod :D, there are a couple of items tho I noticed arent getting stored, this being honey from cook mod, ant beetle etc chitin and bug meat xxx
EDIT: also doesnt seem to want to store yack or pig feed
Better Storage 1.4 for Stonehearth 1.0 is now available on Steam Workshop !
There’s a lot of changes, and still some bugs. Here is a list of the most important changes:
- Compatibility with Stonehearth 1.0 with support of new items like chitins and Geomancer’s stuff.
- New global filters to help with mods compatibility.
- New categories for furniture, building parts, defenses and decorations, filtered by craft material, so it’s now easy to store crafts by artisan.
- Detailed categories are back: Ore, Refined Metals, Plants, Raw Foods and Prepared Foods.
- Some filters reorganization.
- Some vanilla item tags fixes.
- Things I forgot!
And here are the known bugs:
- Localisation is not finished yet.
- Checkboxes of Geomancer and Furniture categories are not working.
Full changelog is coming later. I’m not at home so the Github version and future updates will be late.
Better Storage is now in its final form. Thank you all for your support, and I hope you enjoy Stonehearth 1.0 !
Much love for the newest update!
I’ve been using this mod for such a long time, I almost don’t remember how the regular stockpiles work I seem to have found a bug though… I’m pretty sure the mod somehow disables the backpack tab in a hearthling’s character sheet. The whole box inside the tab (where the stuff is displayed) is missing.
Just finished the localization on BS 1.4, and published this version on Github (sorry for the late).
Uncaught Error: Assertion Failed: You must use Ember.set() to set the `categories` property (of [object Object]) to `[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]`. Error: Assertion Failed: You must use Ember.set() to set the `categories` property (of [object Object]) to `[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]`. at r (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:4:18396) at Object.n.assert (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:2:88) at Object.categories (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:5:11165) at n._updateStockpileFilters (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/game/modes/zones_mode/stockpile/stockpile.js:140:30) at w (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:5:23160) at m (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:4:21029) at b (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:5:13753) at a (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:5:12519) at y (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:5:17298) at n.set (http://radiant/stonehearth/ui/root/js/libs/ember-1.8.1.min.js:8:25617)
I don’t know if this is yours but it keeps appearing whenever I enable/disable a storage section (ex. raw meat, checkbox on furniture, “none” checkbox, etc.)
Stonehearth 1.1 is now released! But I’ll be away from home for some days. Expect Better Storage updated next week !
Merry Xmas everyone ! BS is now updated to 1.5 on Github and Steam Workshop for SH 1.1 !
Here are the changes:
- Converted material tags to arrays.
- Added “Stone Brick”, “Pile of Dirt” and “Large Pile of Dirt” to “Resources” category.
- Added “Nature Gem Bits” filter to “Ores” category.
- Reordered “Plants” filters.
- Added “Legendary Materials” filter to “Refined Materials” category.
- Split “Bandages & Healing Tonic” into two separated filters.
- Fixed items not properly stored: Earthbud Seed, Sweet Potato Seed, Coarse Fiber Bundle, Twin Rustic Lamppost, Golden Chair, Golden Wall Supply Shelf, Gold Plated Stone Table, Ceramic Supply Rack, Ceramic Corner Supply Rack, Ceramic Wall Supply Shelf, Market Trading Shelf (Clay).
After the holidays, I’ll work on BS 2.0 with ACE support. See you soon(ish) !
Fantastic! Thank you. Have a great rest of your holiday!
Im here year later but, is the ace compatiblity finaly coming?