[Mod] Better Storage v1.5

Would be awesome!
Thanks for the fast answer and keep going!

1 Like

After analyzing the Settlement Decor mod, it seems that many items have wrong filtering tags. So the problem is not from Better Stockpiles, but from the mod itself. Iā€™ve signaled the issue in the mod thread, and Iā€™ll work on compatibility after the mod author fix the tags.

3 Likes

@Shinsaka I have a suggestion, would it be nice if maybe you can add a feature where you can limit the number of specific items per stockpile? Like for example in this chest you can only limit 32 pieces of wood etc. Iā€™m new to stonehearth so I donā€™t know if there is already a mod for that but the reason I thought of this is because Iā€™m trying to separate my carpenters and blacksmiths etc. but they all go to one source of wood and it makes them a bit unproductive since they take a while just to get wood from a chest that is still a few walks away.

1 Like

This is a good suggestion, but i think it ainā€™t a feature this mod is supposed to have.
Your request is mostly related to gameplay improvements, since youā€™d ask your earthlings to manage your stocks by saying them ā€œalways keep 32 wood in this chest, and put any overflow of wood in the main wood storageā€.
Not sure i am right tho, but i think itā€™s been mentioned already in the suggestion section.

3 Likes

Right, that would require both deep UI and AI changes that depend on each other to get it working. Shinsakaā€™s mod is pretty great, but it really doesnā€™t make any deep changes to the game, nor does it need to.

3 Likes

Sorry but for now, this kind of gameplay change is out of my reach.

By the way, I read here that the Radiant team is thinking about a priority system for stockpiles. That would be great.

4 Likes

Oh yeah didnā€™t realize that :sweat_smile: thanks for the link :slight_smile: priority system would be a good enhancement.

1 Like

Is this compatible with alpha 20 or just 19?

For now, Better Stockpiles 0.19.0 works with A20, but the texts and tooltips are broken. Still wondering why. It donā€™t prevent the stockpiles and chests from working. Waiting for the next A20 update to see if itā€™s an issue from Radiant or from me.

2 Likes

Finally fixed the broken strings in Alpha 20 ! It was just a simple issue with mod name in manifest files. Download the update now from github or dropbox!

BS 0.20.0 is compatible with Alpha 19 and Alpha 20.

7 Likes

Thanks for fixing your amazing mod and keep up the great work!

forgett this the other mod guy is working on it ^^

1 Like

Any idea why the firepit is not stored unless the filter is set to ā€œStore anyā€?

The firepit doesnā€™t have a stockpile category assigned to it.

1 Like

In fact, the entity firepit_ghost has the ā€œstockpile_decorationā€ tag, so it should be stored in Construction > Decorations. I donā€™t know why it doenā€™t work in your play.

Because putting that tag on the ghost file is the wrong place. It has to be categorized in the normal file firepit.json, because the firepit.json file overwrites the material_tags entry.

I can confirm that if you only set a stockpile to ā€œdecorationā€, it will not add the firepit to the stockpile. This is a bug on the part of Radiant as it occurs even without your mod installed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you both for this bug report :slight_smile: Maybe we should signal this to Radiant, not sure how.

1 Like

You could ping @Relyss and ask her to forward it to the right person on the teamā€¦ which I just have done hereby :grin:

Recap: the firepit has some missing storage/category tags in its json file and is therefore not stockpiled correctly.

2 Likes

Bug filed! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Check out MaraRoseā€™s awesome container mod, a must have if you like to use Better Stockpiles :slight_smile:

1 Like