The storage system in StoneHearth is easy to use, but maybe you need more filtering capabilities? Want to separate flowers from fibers? Wheat grains from food? Meat from animal feed?
Better Storage is here for you! Adding more filters to stockpiles, crates and chests for better resource management.
Feedback, suggestions and bug reports are welcome!
For source and changelog, visit the Github page.
Latest version: 1.2 for Stonehearth A23
Download on Github
- Remove any previous files from Better Storage (betterstorage.smod) or Better Stockpiles (better_stockpiles.smod and *_bs.smod).
- Download the latest stable version from Github.
- Copy the “betterstorage.smod” file to “Stonehearth/mods” directory.
- Launch Stonehearth and check if “betterstorage” is activated in Mods tab of the settings panel.
- Start a new game, or load an existing town. Note in this case, you will need to verify all your stockpiles, crates and chests to check the new filters.
A patch for Frostfeast is available, just download the file “frostfeast_bs.smod” and copy it in the “…/Stonehearth/mods” directory. A version of Frostfeast working with Alpha 23 is available here: Frostfeast 2016! moar frost, moar feast
Better Storage could not be compatible with mods which add items or modify storage filters.
If you want to ensure compatibility of a mod with BS, please refers to this guide: Material Tags · ShinjiSakanami/BetterStorage Wiki · GitHub
- MaraRose's Container Mod
- [MOD][All Versions] EndPieces 1.09 A20 Update)
- Home sweet home 🏡
- [Mod] Slabs with terrain colors [A20+]
- Town Monitor v1.1 MOD updated for A23
- [A23] Pawel's Mod Corner: Autoharvest, Biome Crops and W.I.P. mods (Archmod & others)
- [Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]
French translation is included in BS / Traduction française incluse dans BS !
Un guide pour mettre Stonehearth en français est disponible ici : Steam Community :: Guide :: [FR] Traduction Française du jeu
Version 1.2 for Stonehearth A23 R784
- Fix for Log Pile not properly stored.
- Fix for Fine Dresser not properly stored.
- Changed “Worker Outfits” filter material tags from “stockpile_equipment worker_outfit” to “stockpile_equipment cloth”.
Added a compatibility patch for Frostfeast 2017:
- Added “Vapour Rub” and “Cough Syrup” filters to “Consumables” category.
- Added “Fig Basket” filter to “Raw Veggie” category.
- Added “Pig Meat” filter to “Raw Meat” category.
- Added “Figgy Pudding”, “Pumpkin Pie” and “Frostfeast Cake” filters to “Prepared Veggie” category.
- Added “Frostfeast Ham” filter to “Prepared Meat” category.
- Added “Ginger” filter to “Ingredients” category.
- Added “Pig Feed” filter to “Animal Feed” category.
- Added “Offerings” filter to “Wealth” category.
- Ginger Bread is stored in “Bread” filter.
- Pumpkin Soup is stored in “Veggie Stew” filter.
- Winter outfits and hats are stored in “Worker Outfits” filter.
Version 1.1 for Stonehearth A23 R783
- Removed compatibilities with outdated mods (in fact, all of them).
- Removed obsolete icon files.
- Removed many obsolete mixinto files.
- stockpile_filters.json is now an override instead of a mixinto.
- Added input_box_filters.json override for input/output containers.
- Added stockpile.less override. Storage window is a little wider.
Stockpiles and Storage Containers:
- Renamed and reordered many filters and categories.
- Added “Clay Bricks” filter to “Resources” category.
- “Ore” filter is now a detailed category.
- “Refined Metal” filter is now a detailed category.
- Removed “Sprout & Seeds” filters from “Plants” category.
- Divided “Herbs” into flower filters in “Plants” category.
- Divided “Components” filter into gear filters in “Refined Metal” category.
- Divided “Doors & Windows” and “Fences & Gates” into detailed filters in “Construction” category.
- Removed “Food & Drink Sources” from “Construction” category.
- “Furniture” filter is now a detailed category.
- Moved “Decorations” and “Light Sources” filters to “Furniture” category.
- Removed “Medicine” filter from “Consumables” category.
- Divided “Tonics” filter into detailed filters in “Consumables” category.
- Added “Seeds” filter to “Consumables” category.
- Removed “Food & Drink” category.
- “Raw Fruits & Vegetables”, “Raw Meat”, “Cooked Veggie Foods” and “Cooked Meat Foods” are now detailed categories.
- Divided “Raw Ingredients” and “Refined Ingredients” into detailed filters in “Ingredients” category.
- Removed “Kibble”, “Pig Feed” and “Yak Feed” from “Animal Feed” category.
- Added “Item Piles” category.
- Added “Garbage” category.
- Moved “Rotten Foods” to “Garbage” category.
- Added missing “Clay Bricks” filter to “Resources” category.
- Added missing “Steel Ingot”, “Bronze Gear” and “Iron Gear” filters to “Refined Metal” category.
- Added missing “Varanus Skin” filter to “Animal Parts” category.
- Renamed “Raw Foods” category to “Raw Veggie”.
- Added “Raw Meat” category.
- Moved “Jerky”, “Mutton” and “Poyo Meat” filters to “Raw Meat” category.
For older versions, visit the Github page.
In BS 1.0, I removed Ore and Metal Bars categories to ensure better compatibility with mods and simplify things. What do you think about that change?
- Ore and Metal Bars should be detailed categories again, it was very useful (old version)
- Ore and Metal Bars don’t need to be detailed, simple filters are enough (current version)