[Mod] Better Storage v1.5

@Golden
As @Shinsaka said “new version available on github”

Yes, but there are several github links on the original post for the Better Storage mod and only one is correct. A new player will not know which one to use.

1 Like

@Golden Uh the link look fine to me… of the four github links on the first post. The two that say to use for downloads are: Releases · ShinjiSakanami/BetterStorage · GitHub which is the main releases page, which shows all the releases. The other two are marked as for the source code, the release logs, or older versions and lead to the home page of the github repo itself.

Stonehearth Alpha 23 unstable 779 is here with an all new “input/output box” system. It’s really great, it’s a feature I really wished for, but comes with a big drawback: box filters are so detailed that mod authors will need to include all their added items in it manually. So the question is: do I really have to do it at their place ? I can’t list all items of all existing mods… I need to think about it, and make choices. That’s why the next fix for A23 risks to be delayed, at most until A23 release.

Any suggestion and help for the development of BS for A23 779 is welcome.

And sorry for my bad English ^^"

4 Likes

Well, the output is the same as a normal storage, no changes there. It just so your crafter doesn’t need to run all the way to your main storage, he just drops the items there, and then someone else grabs it and run to the main storage.

The inputs are only for ingredients. So you don’t need to add things like, a chair or a cooked food.
For example, when I was updating my archipelago mod, I almost added the coconuts to it, but realized that no recipe uses it, so I added only the fish and crabs. (damn, now I just realized that we can do bombs with the coconuts… But it is not something you would want to store in your engineer workshop though.)
If the mod adds items that crafters should keep around, I guess it is the mods own responsibility to add them to input filters.

Edit:
Because it is all json now, I would guess there would be no problem if both added the input filter, it would end up being repeated. This is what happens when I added a second copper ore filter to test:
screenshot 2018_01_14__15_09_40

4 Likes

Better Storage 1.1 for Alpha 23 is now available !

This version includes many important changes:

• Storage filters are completely remade, and unified with input/output containers.
  • Many detailed categories like ores, ingots, furnitures, foods, etc.
  • Added items missing in vanilla input/output containers, like steel ingot or gears.
  • Removed obsolete icons, making the mod lighter than a Poyo feather.
  • Filters files are so much modified, they are now overrides instead of mixintos.
  • The storage window is made a little wider.
  • Removed filters for items not available in a normal gameplay, like Kibble.
  • Removed support of mods. Sorry about that, but all these mods were too much outdated. For example, Frostfeast and Candledark are from 2016 and don’t work with A23. So compatibility is useless.
  • If you want compatibility between BS and a mod, ask the mod author for it. I will no more provide compatibility patches myself. Désolé !
7 Likes

@Stalck is making some compatibility patches for BS A23:

1 Like

Just a note, because Max99x fixed Frost Feast to work just before Christmas it DOES work with A23. If you could add back in the storage for the unique items for that, I would appreciate it.

1 Like

It started working again so i removed the comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I heard about that, but I couldn’t find where to download the new version, so I dropped the compatibility. If you give me a link to an updated build of Frostfeast (and Candledark?), as they are “official” mods I will add them to BS.

Sure, and here it is: Frostfeast 2016! moar frost, moar feast

:jubilant:

2 Likes

Thanks @Golden ! I hope Frostfeast and Candledark will be updated in 2018.

2 Likes

Better Storage 1.2 for Alpha 23 Release 784 is now available !

• Fix for Log Pile not properly stored.
  • Fix for Fine Dresser not properly stored.
  • Changed “Worker Outfits” filter material tags from “stockpile_equipment worker_outfit” to “stockpile_equipment cloth”.

The compatibility patch for Frostfeast is back! To use with BS 1.2 and Frostfeast A23.

• Added “Vapour Rub” and “Cough Syrup” filters to “Consumables” category.
  • Added “Fig Basket” filter to “Raw Veggie” category.
  • Added “Pig Meat” filter to “Raw Meat” category.
  • Added “Figgy Pudding”, “Pumpkin Pie” and “Frostfeast Cake” filters to “Prepared Veggie” category.
  • Added “Frostfeast Ham” filter to “Prepared Meat” category.
  • Added “Ginger” filter to “Ingredients” category.
  • Added “Pig Feed” filter to “Animal Feed” category.
  • Added “Offerings” filter to “Wealth” category.
  • Ginger Bread is stored in “Bread” filter.
  • Pumpkin Soup is stored in “Veggie Stew” filter.
  • Winter outfits and hats are stored in “Worker Outfits” filter.
5 Likes

Hey just wondering if it’s possible to make so that the menu does not jump around after you click one of the categories in the middle?
It’s quiet annoying but it could also be related to how stonehearth handles these things?
I miss when this menu was not a slide menu it felt a lot better and faster to me

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed this annoying bug since A23. It’s a problem with Stonehearth, not my mod.
I can’t enlarge the storage window to get rid of the slider: the window could overlap other UI parts in some screen resolutions, and there’s too much categories now anyway.

6 Likes

hi, Just wanted to let you know that the bees and drinks are not adding to stockpiles.

You should probably post this in the Cooking thread so Froggy can make the mod compatible with BS.

Seeds in A24.4 are stored in stockpiles only when stockpiles are set to “All”. Disabling any category prevents them from being stored.

2 Likes

Same thing with Slab of Roasted Varanus (raw Varanus meat probably too).

1 Like

Better Storage is now available on Steam Workshop !!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1360090404

The Workshop version is a pre-release of BS 1.3 for Stonehearth Alpha 24.5. I’m still working on it. A full release of 1.3 will be out when Alpha 24 is stable.

5 Likes