[Mod] Better Storage v1.5

Awesome looking mod, but quick question on this. Does this mean if you use the other mods you have to have the newest version, or does it mean your mod won’t work unless I have all 4 of these?

If you use the other mods, you have to have the newest version of these mods ^^

3 Likes

a lot of strange names for things in the storage after Alpha 20 :slight_smile:
Thanks for amazing mod!

2 Likes

You’r welcome ^^
Seems all strings are broken with Alpha 20, and I don’t understand why. Does somebody have a clue?

1 Like

Some things really should make it to the core game. Like separating fibers from alchemy ingredients.
Me likey!

1 Like

Great mod.
Is there any compatibility with the Settlement Decor Mod yet?
I am having an issue where all items related to this mod stay on the floor and my earthlings don’t want to stock them anywhere.

1 Like

That’s certainly because they use non-vanilla filtering tags. I don’t use this mod but I can do a patch in the next update.

1 Like

Would be awesome!
Thanks for the fast answer and keep going!

1 Like

After analyzing the Settlement Decor mod, it seems that many items have wrong filtering tags. So the problem is not from Better Stockpiles, but from the mod itself. I’ve signaled the issue in the mod thread, and I’ll work on compatibility after the mod author fix the tags.

3 Likes

@Shinsaka I have a suggestion, would it be nice if maybe you can add a feature where you can limit the number of specific items per stockpile? Like for example in this chest you can only limit 32 pieces of wood etc. I’m new to stonehearth so I don’t know if there is already a mod for that but the reason I thought of this is because I’m trying to separate my carpenters and blacksmiths etc. but they all go to one source of wood and it makes them a bit unproductive since they take a while just to get wood from a chest that is still a few walks away.

1 Like

This is a good suggestion, but i think it ain’t a feature this mod is supposed to have.
Your request is mostly related to gameplay improvements, since you’d ask your earthlings to manage your stocks by saying them “always keep 32 wood in this chest, and put any overflow of wood in the main wood storage”.
Not sure i am right tho, but i think it’s been mentioned already in the suggestion section.

3 Likes

Right, that would require both deep UI and AI changes that depend on each other to get it working. Shinsaka’s mod is pretty great, but it really doesn’t make any deep changes to the game, nor does it need to.

3 Likes

Sorry but for now, this kind of gameplay change is out of my reach.

By the way, I read here that the Radiant team is thinking about a priority system for stockpiles. That would be great.

4 Likes

Oh yeah didn’t realize that :sweat_smile: thanks for the link :slight_smile: priority system would be a good enhancement.

1 Like

Is this compatible with alpha 20 or just 19?

For now, Better Stockpiles 0.19.0 works with A20, but the texts and tooltips are broken. Still wondering why. It don’t prevent the stockpiles and chests from working. Waiting for the next A20 update to see if it’s an issue from Radiant or from me.

2 Likes

Finally fixed the broken strings in Alpha 20 ! It was just a simple issue with mod name in manifest files. Download the update now from github or dropbox!

BS 0.20.0 is compatible with Alpha 19 and Alpha 20.

7 Likes

Thanks for fixing your amazing mod and keep up the great work!

forgett this the other mod guy is working on it ^^

1 Like

Any idea why the firepit is not stored unless the filter is set to “Store any”?