[MOD] Ballista turret - [Now on Steam Workshop]

I knew something wasn’t right!

Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Man, I love you Symbol :jubilant:

Your works quality is truly unmatched, those animations and models are just wonderful. To come back to more of your work after a long break from Stonehearth and the forums is just great.

Hope to see more from you in the future, as always fantastic job

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! :merry:

I hope i can bring more to you and the community as well, and i’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Bug report:

• The category becomes untranslatable.

• Missing string in carpenter’s and engineer’s craft menu.

1 Like

That’s odd, i tested them before and they worked?

Thanks for the report, i will be looking into it as soon as i can!

1 Like

okay i fixed some typo’s that were in the mod. now they should work as intended
Thanks for the report again, please let me know if i still missed some

the updated link should now be in the OP

The category name is broken. And I think you forgot to add the new string. :joy:

what? NOOOOOOOO NOT AGAAAAIN

okay, now it SHOULD be fixed, the link is updated in the OP

1 Like

Can I help?

You should remove this:

"ordinal": 2,
    "name": "i18n(stonehearth:jobs.engineer.recipes.ranged_weapons_name)",

from the engineer recipe. This is already in the game, you don’t need to name the category, and don’t need the ordinal.

Edit: Oh, the same for the carpenter.
Edit 2: You have a copy of the mod, inside the mod. (nothing will happen though)

Edit 3:
“recipe”: "file(…/recipes/balista_recipe.json)"
is basically saying: go one folder up, then go back to recipes, and grab the file balista_recipe.json.
The file() function is used to grab things that are in the same folder, so you can safely remove the …/recipes/ and let it be just file(balista_recipe.json)

2 Likes

Congratulations! All strings are fixed. :wink:

Btw, I think the bolt recipe shouldn’t be placed under the category ‘Tools & Weapons’. It seems like that category is for tools or weapons that allow hearthlings to change jobs. I would suggest to put it under ‘Weapons and Armors’ or a new category.

so… i can have it like this?

{
"craftable_recipes": {      
    "ranged_weapons": {
        "ordinal": 2,
            "recipes": {
                "balista_turret": {
                    "recipe": "file(../recipes/balista_recipe.json)"
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
}

becaouse i think we still need the ordinal to make sure the balista is in the desired category[quote=“dalabo, post:51, topic:27568”]
Btw, I think the bolt recipe shouldn’t be placed under the category ‘Tools & Weapons’. It seems like that category is for tools or weapons that allow hearthlings to change jobs. I would suggest to put it under ‘Weapons and Armors’ or a new category.
[/quote]
you’re right, there’s usually talismans there, i just thought of it because the function as Ammo would be the reason to put it there, but i suppose weapons and armor is quite more suited for the bolts
no new category though, it crowds up and confuses the user(and it’ll only have one recipe)

edit : [quote=“BrunoSupremo, post:50, topic:27568”]
Edit 2: You have a copy of the mod, inside the mod. (nothing will happen though)
[/quote]

(face palms)

How have I JUST seen this? Fantastic work on this so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The ordinal controls the order of the categories. So the ordinal 1 is the first category (at the top), then ordinal 2, etc…

The turrets category is ordinal 3, but in your mod you are replacing it with 2. Just erasing that will make sure the game uses the default value.

1 Like

okay, now i think i fixed all the issues
the updated link will be in the OP (again)

thanks to @BrunoSupremo and @dalabo for helping me on thees fixes

3 Likes

Hmmmm looks like when i sleep its everytime party here ^^

2 Likes

I’m in China, so I can not open that link. Can you upload the mod to this BBS? I will be very grateful!

oh, sorry to hear that

where can i upload the file so you can download it?

Maybe you can send a email to me please? My email is 524541933@qq.com, thank you. That mod looks very cool!

And when you create a new topic, you can also upload a mod immediately. ![]S3VQ{Y[I6FI%MC1UDIPV|690x201](upload://lB7d2R5JQykETwdjBFvscNxr2d6.png) Like that.