[Mod] (A20) The Bastioneers! More Dangerous (and Mod-Friendly) Than Ever! Help me test for A20!

Like i have Seen in my Quicktest it looks like xD

3 Likes

Wait.; they had plans for an Elemental Race?!
Like Dryads, Undine, Gnomes and Sylphes and stuff?! (Sounds familiar eh?)

If they have actual functions; wouldnā€™t they be OP?

1 Like

Not sure about a playable race but it was an extra goal on the Kickstarter along with an elemental plane (plain?) where elemental a roam and such :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it was/is going to be an enemy faction.

edit: also, sorry for the derailing @Wharp, if you want i can move the off topic posts into anew thread.

2 Likes

Yes, theyre a little simpler in their speech, they donā€™t use nouns a whole lot, except when referring to The Herald. Btw, Iā€™m honored that you are translating my mod :smiley:

3 Likes

I donā€™t mind at all. :slight_smile: Itā€™s giving me ideas for my mod.

3 Likes

I think this is the first race mod that was actually released in the forum. :open_mouth:

It looks great!

@Wharp, could you prefix the topicā€™s title with [Mod] ? This way itā€™ll be easier to find. We used to put the tag [Mod] to differentiate the threads in the Modding category that contain mods (wip or downloadable). :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

also, add the alpha its compatible with, so the title should look something like this,

[Mod](A14) New Race: The Bastioneers!

though i guess we could do that for you with our moderator powersā€¦

1 Like

good to know, but honestley iam not everytime sure if iam correct, hope @Wiese2007 will take a look on it :smiley:
Anyways i think the mod is in the parts fpr using translations not correct, also i missed some tags in the locales, the stone chair for example. That all small parts, nothing to get a big issue :smiley:

as before (brewery) i will check it before adding to the mainmod :wink: and yes i have also started with the first to lines in the morning - so same idea xD

and for already exisiting items - normally he can point to the normal stonehearth i18n ^^ he only needs his new stuff to add ā€¦ also i cant find a new stone chair xD

lol i havent get any info that you have already upload the translation on github ^^ i will check it :wink:

Good because I added some interesting dialogue to the latest commit :joy:

Say hello to version 0.9.2, everyone :slight_smile: I interoduced more content and some tweaks (I donā€™t believe in patch notes though).

1 Like

Hey @Wharp congrats on the update :D, i noticed there wasnā€™t a version associated with the UI Mod, it wonā€™t show up in the Praise Client until thereā€™s one added, just thought iā€™d let you know :slightly_smiling:
Keep up the good work :smiley:

1 Like

Small suggestion as Iā€™m playing more: A stone double door would aid in the early defense of my 'neers quite a bit.

1 Like

Had my footman for my new village get into combat wearing a Padded Vest and using a Stone Maul and Rough Wooden Buckler. A couple errors popped.

develop-2807 (x64)c++ exception: invalid file path '/bastioneers/data/rigs/bastioneer/effects/combat_1h_shield_block.json'.stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'load_json'
	radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function 'load_json'
	radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:34: in function '__init'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:18: in function 'EffectTracks'
	radiant/modules/effects/effect_manager.lua:84: in function '_add_effect'
	radiant/modules/effects/effect_manager.lua:69: in function 'start_effect'
	radiant/modules/effects.lua:21: in function 'run_effect'
	stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:56: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:38>
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'execute'
	[C]: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:500: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:485>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:485: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:212: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:209>
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:209: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

develop-2807 (x64)radiant/lib/check.lua:38: assertion failed!stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	radiant/lib/check.lua:38: in function 'verify'
	radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:38: in function '__init'
	radiant/modules/common.lua:18: in function 'EffectTracks'
	radiant/modules/effects/effect_manager.lua:84: in function '_add_effect'
	radiant/modules/effects/effect_manager.lua:69: in function 'start_effect'
	radiant/modules/effects.lua:21: in function 'run_effect'
	stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:56: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:38>
	[C]: in function 'execute'
	[C]: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:500: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:485>
	stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:485: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:212: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:209>
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:209: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>
1 Like

Iā€™m going to download the newest version, but on the old one Iā€™m having a few bugs.

The trapper sometimes get stuck in place, always at the same spot, to avoid him pathing through there I put one item there so they go around. Not sure if this is a bug in your mod, cause Iā€™m playing in a custom biome I made, and there was pathfinding errors before.

For some reason everytime the soldier tries to defend while using the basic shield it gives an error.

And there is also an error when they try to go to bed for healing. They will lay into the bed, and get out, repeat forever until their health regens naturally, the bed is not healing them and herbalist can recover them. tested on all stone beds and a wooden bed.

Traders are non existent.

And although we need a level 4 trapper to get a shepherd, when we level up to 2 we receive those skill messages, one about he now able to befriend pets and one that he should check his new promotions available.

1 Like
  1. Iā€™m pretty sure its not Bastioneers mod related.
  2. The shield blocking and rest while injured bugs have been fixed :slightly_smiling:
  3. I added traders :slightly_smiling:
  4. Iā€™ll look into the notifications!

EDIT: My bad guys, the effect for shield blocking wasnā€™t actually fixed, itā€™s fixed now though.

2 Likes

Awww, they are so cute :stuck_out_tongue:! Some of the best models ever seen!

2 Likes

Thanks!! Iā€™m always improving them
:slightly_smiling:

2 Likes