[Mod] (A20) The Bastioneers! More Dangerous (and Mod-Friendly) Than Ever! Help me test for A20!

##The Bastioneers!

Bastioneers are a curious new race to the world of Stonehearth. Commanding these little creatures will be a unique, more challenging experience than you will get from any normal old human. Should you be up to the challenge, you’ll discover the Bastioneers to be quite intriguing! To help ease their transition, I recommend you embark into the Anórien Biome :wink: They seem partial to the high plateaus

Download

Version 0.7.1 Race Mod Download

[Github Link] (GitHub - AdamWhitehurst/bastioneers)

TEMPORARY NOTICE: Anorien Biome is not currently updated and compatible with Bastioneers. Both cannot be enabled at once! Sory about this!! :frowning:

Now simply drop the .smod file into your Stonehearth/mods/ folder and run!

What will you discover about the Bastioneers?
The bastioneers are used to a different way of life. Originating from somewhere deep underground, they’ve adapted to surviving on the stone which surrounded and protected them, even relying on it for nurishment. Keep this in mind if you want to be successful with them.

'Neers require a lot of time to grow and develop their skill in whatever profession they choose. You’ll need to have patience with these little guys if you want to achieve your goals!

The Bastioneers brought a few necessities with them: Shrines and Mushrooms.

It’s not their favorite dish, but mushrooms sure do hit the spot in a pinch.

Once properly trained, a fighting 'Neer is quite courageous, but they’ll be need lots of sleep to get there…

24 Likes

I’m not really familiar with how Github works, so I tried the Google Drive links. It said I had to request permission from the uploader, so I have. Looks like an interesting mod, can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

I forgot to make the link public :smile: should work now!

3 Likes

I’m running the (latest) experimental build on Steam, not sure if that will influence things. Game threw me an error at the world map screen before picking an embark location. I’m pressing on, but thought I should share it.

develop-2807 (x64)…s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:145: attempt to call method ‘each’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:171: in function ‘each’
…s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:145: in function ‘_reveal_around_entities’
…s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:77: in function ‘_on_poll’
…s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:71: in function 'fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:226: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:220>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:220: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:283: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:334: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Odd, I have no idea why that’s happening, and I don’t get that error. I’m running 2807 as well, no mods other than Bastioneers… Does it always happen and what mods are you running?

Anyone else getting this error?

I’ll have to check once I wrap up my session. I did run into a small hiccup here, though - I can’t seem to -deactivate- Town Defense Mode. I’m not running any mods other than Bastioneers and the Bastioneers UI mod.

OKay vanilla install does encounter this error but I have no idea why, I hope @yshan or @Drotten can help… :frowning:

Hm! These guys appear to be pretty squishy - A giant zombie killed the one soldier I had managed to train up to while only losing 1/4 it’s health.

Also noticed there seems to be a buff that needs a little touching up: Gyazo - 35a7efa118ef599dd13d2454787217a0.png

Yepp they’re a weak group, initially. But I fixed the buff descriptions :slight_smile:

Tophium VI will always be remembered.

I certainly don’t mind the weakness - Though Trapper and Footman are both slow to level, making that side of the tree tough to get into, especially considering Tophium VI died on his first fight.

Yeah, I agree that they need to be buffed.

But right now, those errors are really… bugging me.

1 Like

Hah!

Hm… Another thing I’ve noticed: A few days have passed and I haven’t seen the daily progress screen or gotten any new 'neers. I think this expedition is doomed.

I’m pretty sure thats due to the initial bug, because the bug had to do with the campaigns… :frowning: None of the campaigns run now

i have just wait for this xD

Just to see what it would do, I refreshed the UI (F5). The error screen popped up with 10 errors.

develop-2807 (x64)stonehearth/services/client/sound/sound_service.lua:208: attempt to index local 'threat' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	stonehearth/services/client/sound/sound_service.lua:208: in function <stonehearth/services/client/sound/sound_service.lua:201>

develop-2807 (x64)...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:145: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.lua:171: in function 'each'
	...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:145: in function '_reveal_around_entities'
	...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:77: in function '_on_poll'
	...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:71: in function 'fn'
	radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now'
	radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:220: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:283: in function '_trigger_gameloop'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:334: in function '_update'

develop-2807 (x64)...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:275: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'each'
	...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:275: in function '_get_visible_region'
	...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:206: in function '_update_regions'
	...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:358: in function <...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:357>

develop-2807 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

develop-2807 (x64)...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:118: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:118: in function '_update_convex_hull'
	...nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:99: in function '_fn'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:95: in function 'fire'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:74: in function 'start'
	...vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:257: in function <...vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:256>

develop-2807 (x64)...arth/services/server/analytics/analytics_service.lua:41: attempt to call method 'get_size' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.lua:171: in function 'get_size'
	...arth/services/server/analytics/analytics_service.lua:41: in function 'on_ten_minute_poll'
	...arth/services/server/analytics/analytics_service.lua:14: in function 'fn'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now'

develop-2807 (x64)...th/services/server/population/population_service.lua:36: attempt to call method 'get_size' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/common.lua:171: in function 'get_size'
	...th/services/server/population/population_service.lua:36: in function 'get_population_size'
	...igger/game_events/encounters/daily_report_script.lua:44: in function 'start'
	...e_master/controllers/encounters/script_encounter.lua:16: in function 'start'
	...ervices/server/game_master/controllers/encounter.lua:103: in function 'start'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:353: in function '_start_encounter'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:330: in function '_trigger_edge'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:263: in function '_trigger_out_edge'
	...arth/services/server/game_master/controllers/arc.lua:278: in function 'spawn_encounter'
	...aster/controllers/encounters/generator_encounter.lua:97: in function '_spawn_encounter'
	...aster/controllers/encounters/generator_encounter.lua:64: in function 'start'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:374: in function '_on_event_loop'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance'

develop-2807 (x64)stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:705: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'each'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:705: in function 'enable_town_alert'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:81: in function <stonehearth/services/server/town/town_service.lua:79>

develop-2807 (x64)...tonehearth/services/server/combat/combat_service.lua:501: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	...tonehearth/services/server/combat/combat_service.lua:501: in function '_get_nearby_combat_units'
	...tonehearth/services/server/combat/combat_service.lua:487: in function 'distribute_exp'
	...tonehearth/services/server/combat/combat_service.lua:90: in function 'battery'
	...h/ai/actions/combat/attack_melee_adjacent_action.lua:115: in function 'fn'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:374: in function '_on_event_loop'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance'

develop-2807 (x64)stonehearth/ai/actions/pet/pet_fns.lua:14: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:204: in function 'each'
	stonehearth/ai/actions/pet/pet_fns.lua:14: in function 'get_friends_nearby'
	...vices/server/town/orchestrators/pet_orchestrator.lua:109: in function '_choose_activity'
	...vices/server/town/orchestrators/pet_orchestrator.lua:31: in function 'run'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:484: in function '_thread_main'
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:212: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:209>
	stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:209: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Just tried starting a new map to check the earlier bug, and it once again threw an error.

develop-2807 (x64)...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:145: attempt to call method 'each' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:145: in function '_reveal_around_entities'
	...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:77: in function '_on_poll'
	...s/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.lua:71: in function 'fn'

Looks like my overriding of the population_faction.lua was not a good decision (I thought I made precautions against this stuff), so i’m just going to change my race name behavior.

2 Likes

This taught me so much about modding a faction in game. I love this. :hugs:

3 Likes

Yeah overriding Lua is dangerous stuff, your mod runs the risk of breaking horribly at every patch (among other reasons of why it’s bad). But may I ask what your intentions were with overriding that? I would search for it myself, but the script itself is large and there are lots of changes between yours and the original one (most of which I think you haven’t changed yourself).

2 Likes

Please feel free to add your mod to the Praise Database :slight_smile:

[edit] nice you did it already hah!

1 Like