[MOD] [18-21] Stonehearth Doorways 2.0

heyho can you also update the manifest to v2? :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! Consider it done…

4 Likes

Nice Mod Jomaxro!, want to put it on PraiseDB? :wink:

2 Likes

@Communistpenguin, what exactly stopped working?

The doorways dissapeared.

Well that’s odd…I wonder if it could be related to this:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/2807-x64-parts-of-buildings-disappear-stream-link-included/19543?u=jomaxro

I will check that the doors still work in dev-2818, but they are identical in coding structure to a normal door (with the sensor removed) so I doubt its the mod…

the only thing i can think of is that perhaps @Communistpenguin didnt update to the new “version 2” when it was released?

2 Likes

it disapeared before 2 was available

1 Like

Well that might be my bad then. Didn’t update this mod for a few days after version 2 was required…

3 Likes

Hey @jomaxro Tony found out there’s a ton of overhead with sensors (as shown in today’s stream) and I don’t know how you went about implementing your archway code, but make sure that the archways don’t call sensors since they don’t open doors. I know the new clay archway at one point in time did call a door sensor unnecessarily. Love the mod idea. I should check it out sometime. =)

Edit!

Oh! just saw you said you did remove sensors, anyhow anyone else who tries a similar idea should keep that in mind. :wink:

4 Likes

Using this in todays YouTube Episode :slight_smile: thanks for a great mod!

3 Likes

Heya, did you upload it on to Praise in the end? no worries if not, just thought i saw it there and am hoping i’m not losing my mind.

2 Likes

Nope…completely forgot to do so, and college has been crazy busy lately. I need to do an update of the mod anyway now that there are more door models in the game, and I also need to look into how they work in A16 with door destroying ogres. Going to try and get the update done this weekend, will upload once done! Thanks for the reminder :smiley:.

Update 5/6/16: I haven’t forgotten this time, but all the end of the semester stuff has been occupying most of my time. I will get to this, but it might not happen until after exams. Thanks for your patience.

6 Likes

Update 6/8/16: My semester is finally over (woo! :confetti_ball:), and I am back from an amazing vacation with my family. That means I will be able to get back to updating the doorways. At the moment, this is not working in A17 due to the changes made to the building editor, and I am working with the devs to figure out what has changed so this will continue to work. With any luck, I will update this to include the new doorways in the game, including the stone tunnel door and ironclad door this weekend.

Update: quick patch released to fix A17 compatibility. See first post for details and known issue.

3 Likes

Well, they were working as of build 2998, as I was using them just last night. …3000 seems to have broken them, much sadness… :crying_cat_face:

I look forward to their return! This one is on my list of must-have mods!
I have proof among my fan creations!

1 Like

Try again? I pushed a quick patch an hour or 2 ago that works fix it.

I should edit my update above…

2 Likes

With a L4 Carpenter (and placed carpenter bench but not toolbench), L3 mason (and both benches placed):

(Oh, and it said about 1h ago :wink: )

1 Like

Updated to version 2.0!

• Added 5 new doorways (wooden reinforced, wooden tunnel, stone tunnel, clay tunnel, and iron).
  • Added fine variants for all wooden doorways.
  • Broke Save Compatibility - in order to correct a file name type in version 1.x, I had to break save compatibility - sorry :disappointed:! There are no known bugs in v1.3, so you should be OK to keep playing without issue. When you are ready to start a new game, download version 2.0.

Edit: Uploaded new image to OP.

3 Likes

Hey @jomaxro! I was wondering:

• Can I suggest more door models for your mod? (I can make them myself but I don’t want to create a separate mod for something that is essentially the same idea)
  • Can you modify iron doorway (engineer) to not require gears? I doesn’t make much sense since there is no door (and thus, no lock).

What are you thinking? At the moment I’m only using doors that already exist in the game…

To be honest I’ve haven’t touched (or even looked at) the ingredients required for the doors. I agree that gears don’t make a lot of sense. I’ll take a look at all the recipes while I’m at it.

4 Likes