Minor Lag When Constructing Roads

Version: Alpha 7

I have noticed when building roads of any size/length the game while have minor lag throughout the construction. When the road is finished, the lag disappears. I have not noticed the lag on any other construction project.

Cheers!
~Koala

Edit 1: This also include digging the trench before placing the stone.
Edit 2: I do not experience any error messages during Road construction.
Edit 3: Uploaded footage of said lag. Pay particular attention to the running while the roads are being constructed.

not sure whether this is a bug or not, you can expect certain things to slow the game down a bit due to the fact that the game is still in alpha.

Perhaps. But it seems a little too precise to be just some random slowdown. It happens every single time I build a road regardless of length, material type, location, proximity to other objects, etc.

That level of consistency would point to an error (either in software or hardware-to-software relation) rather than just optimization issues from alpha.

1 Like

What stands out more is that you only experience it with roads, while there are many people that has lag when building houses, especially when they build the roof.

Nevertheless, I think I’ve seen someone mentioning something similar to this bug, but I can’t find a specific report, so it must have been in some other thread.

Correct. I haven’t noticed any other lag even with a full-size town (approx 13 structures) including comprehensive mine shafts and custom buildings).

I’ve got a decent machine, so perhaps it is an optimization issue. Others may be experiencing lag on other building types with various machine specs. Just thought I’d report what I experienced. :slight_smile:

1 Like

always a good thing to do :smile:

1 Like

Added a brief video to better illustrate what I see.

2 Likes