Merchants don't visit if you select "Money Solves All Problems"

Summary: Merchants (ironically) don’t visit if you select “Money Solves All Problems”.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new game (Rayya’s Children in my case, normal OR hard mode, with “Money Solves All Problems”).
  2. Play for a few in-game days.
  3. Never receive any merchant or trader visits.

Results:
No merchants or traders visit the town, not even the Iskendar Trading Caravan. With Rayya’s Children the merchant is necessary to purchase the wooden sword and farmer hoes, especially with the “Money Solves All Problems” starting caravan, otherwise the game becomes rather painful. This also makes the trading hearth pathway invalid as well, as you will never receive traders from whom you can purchase goods sufficient to reach the hearth criteria.

Building the marketplace stall only ever offers the “basic resource merchant” which sells two stone and wood blocks, so unfortunately this isn’t a workaround. I called the merchant across numerous in-game days and never received anything different.

Notes:

I have tested this on both hard mode and normal mode, same problem. When I select “Food For Days” starting caravan I still have the merchants visit, as expected.

Attachments:
None.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release-843. Unmodded.

System Information:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: G1.Sniper 5
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/25/14 15:28:56 Ver: 04.06.05 (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16260MB RAM
Page File: 11439MB used, 7764MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

3 Likes

oh. I didn’t used money solve all problem stating caravan but same problem happened. I had to manually unlock the path by debug tool.

1 Like

Interesting. I played through a few days with “Food For Days” just now and I had the caravans visit as per normal. I wonder if this isn’t related to which caravan is selected at the start of the game then… :thinking: Gotta love those slippery “sometimes” bugs!

Yeah, I had this problem with “Food For Days.” Really fun not having a single footman by the time of the first stoneling attack :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can you upload a savegame exhibiting this behavior? I’m unable to reproduce it.

1526796284316.zip (7.5 MB)

Hi Max. Thanks for looking into this. I’ve attached the file for the game I was originally having the problem with prior to testing numerous times with new games.

I’ve loaded this file back up now and I’m testing it myself again as well. I expect no traders will come and only the basic resource merchant will be available from the market stall, though I’ll have to play a few game days to be certain.

Thanks for the save! This should be fixed in the next release (including in existing saves).

2 Likes

Legend. Thanks so much! I really appreciate how hands-on you and your team are.