MechanicalMod v0.9.2

This totally worked for me, until updating to early alpha 11 which this mod totally brakes the game.

this is mostly likely due to the fact that @chessmaster42 has not updated the mod to support alpha 11 unstable

should i just download the latest version?

of this? grab mincrmatt12s from a few posts up, will only work with 10.5 not the alpha 11 test

1 Like

I have not seen that error yetā€¦ are you on the alpha 11 build?

No, it was still alpha 10 that time.

Does this mod work for alpha 11?

not working with alpha11.
I need this mod too :slight_smile:

hey could some one make a YouTube vid on how to this mod?

Look very nice and funny mod :smiley:
Need for Alpha 11 !!

Iā€™m alive! Hey guys, I know itā€™s been a while. Life has been crazy but Iā€™ve got some time at last so Iā€™m finally getting around to fixing/updating this mod. Iā€™m not sure yet when Iā€™m going to get around to finishing up all of the other in-progress features but hereā€™s hoping I find the time soon. Anyway enjoy the bugfix so you can play this in alpha 11 :smile:

Added

• Added AI pack for compatibility with alpha 10/11

Fixed

• Fixed timer intervals for compatibility with alpha 10/11
  • Fixed bug with getting invalid town when filling machine inventory
  • Fixed broken carpenter recipes
  • Fixed base_human.json mixin to use new ai pack for compatibility with alpha 10/11
  • Fixed renderers for compatibility with alpha 10/11

Removed

• Removed old ability mixins

Enjoy! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks to some extra time in my schedule the last few days Iā€™ve been able to complete another one of the major functions I wanted to get into this mod: liquid handling! This update brings in the ability to pump in, transport, store, and dump out liquids. Great for moving those pesky oceans to more convenient man-made lakes near town!

More content to make use of this new system is in-progress such as irrigation, fountains, and even indoor plumbing. However, I donā€™t currently have any estimates for when those bits will be ready.

Added

• Added liquid handling system
  • Added liquid_api service
  • Added liquid_source component
  • Added liquid_drain component
  • Added pump component
  • Added outlet component
  • Added valve component
  • Added pipe component
  • Added water_pump machine
  • Added water_outlet machine
  • Added water_valve machine
  • Added storage_tank container
  • Added 4 types of pipe (short, long, corner, junction)
  • Added new recipes to engineer for all of the new entities
  • Added 3 new recipe categories to engineer for the new recipes

Changed

• Changed power_lib to have generic api service loader
  • Changed toggle_clutch command and action to accommodate toggling the valve machine as well
  • Changed power_drain and power_source renderers to show the bars when in detail view mode even when empty or powered off

Enjoy! :smiley:

5 Likes

Is this real life? I canā€™t believe the quality of the mods you bring to our game and our community. Please keep being awesome!

Will you be updating for Alpha 12? I imagine there are quite a few changes that need to be made [massive changes to workshops, and the fact that many of your machines now have non-mechanical equivalents - though I think it would be alright to keep the mechanical versions as long as theyā€™re somehow better] but Iā€™d love to see an update.

Iā€™ll see about finding some time this week to at least get things working with Alpha 12. I could also really use some help designing new types of machines using the systems that Iā€™ve built so far. Thereā€™s TONS of potential but I donā€™t have much time for working on the core systems much less all of the content to use it. Most of the machines in this mod are just basic examples of what is possible but thereā€™s so much more rattling around in my head that I donā€™t have the time to put together.

TL;DR - I REALLY need an assistant to do the modeling and machine definitions so I can work on core stuff.

1 Like

If you can get it updated, Iā€™d love to mess around with your code if youā€™d let me. No promises on anything long-term, but we could see how it goes.

1 Like

I have finally managed to finish up the bugfixing as I have had very little time to work on this mod in the last month. The update is out which you can get here and up in the main post:

Iā€™ll have a little more time in the upcoming weeks if anything is still broken to do bugfixing (I hope).

Anyway, enjoy! :smile:

3 Likes

Works with alpha 19?

Iā€™m gonna go with no, seeing as the last update was a year ago.

2 Likes

Works with alpha 21?

Iā€™d expect not, since this mod was created over two years ago ā€“ the game has changed so much since then, I doubt it would even recognise this mod as a mod.

1 Like