Co-routine failed: No matching overload found, candidates: custom [double] distance_to(Point3 const&,Point3 const&)

Summary:

develop-2820 (x64)
co-routine failed: No matching overload found, candidates: custom [double] distance_to(Point3 const&,Point3 const&)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'distance_to'
	...er/controllers/util/choose_location_outside_town.lua:109: in function 'visit_point'
	...er/controllers/util/choose_location_outside_town.lua:142: in function '_try_finding_location_thread'
	...er/controllers/util/choose_location_outside_town.lua:86: in function 'f'
	radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Steps to reproduce:

1. Happened Whilst Moving A Masonā€™s Workbench, not sure if its connected.

Expected Results: N/A

Actual Results: N/A

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: Alpha 14 Develop 2818 x64. - 0 Mods in use.

System Information: Windows 7 64Bit 16G RAM,CPU = Intel i5 3.30GHz. GPU = 2048 ATI Radeon Sapphire 7870

Bugs - Aplha 2280

My bugs are your bugsā€¦all bugs belongs to us ! we are legion we are builders !

Bugs 1 :

develop-2820 (x64)
co-routine failed: No matching overload found, candidates: custom [double] distance_to(Point3 const&,Point3 const&)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'distance_to'
	...er/controllers/util/choose_location_outside_town.lua:109: in function 'visit_point'
	...er/controllers/util/choose_location_outside_town.lua:142: in function '_try_finding_location_thread'
	...er/controllers/util/choose_location_outside_town.lua:86: in function 'f'

Computer Specification :

• Windows 10 Pro (64bits)
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4Ghz
  • Nvidia GeForce 610
  • 6Go RAM
  • 120Go SSD

hey there @LaGrosseChoco, do you know what was going on when you got this error?

I think this is it when i move a Footman and he donā€™t do it (the flag keep it and he donā€™t move).After sometimes and maybe a unique command it get released and he can move aswell but iā€™ve got this error (see my computer specs very low.iā€™m lagging but iā€™m patient)

Iā€™m curently stress-testing the game with a lot of doing thing coz i want all my items well in some specifications ordered in some new fresh ā€œThe Vaultā€

everything.

but more seriously, I believe this is because of the building you designed. unless something was changed with the build tools, you canā€™t make rooms or interior exteriors (lol) right now. the roofing gets really confused when you try to do that. I donā€™t know what the safety flag is, but I think that just confused the system even more by putting it ā€œinsideā€ the building in an area that is technically ā€œoutsideā€ of it.

my suggestion isā€¦ donā€™t do that. the build tool is fragile right now. try not to make anything too fancy unless you wanna do it out of almost entirely through the slab tool.

that said, I have not played A14 yet (Iā€™ve got too much stuff to do, like reading Mushoku Tensei and playing Tales of Xillia/Xillia 2/Zestiriaā€¦ I mean uh, college. yea. college.), and Iā€™m not an expert on building-related bugs (I love making creative buildings and it hurts to look at the bugs stopping me from making creative buildings lol). one of the mods could probably give a better answer.

1 Like

As mentioned, your building has a very specific shape.
Although I do not think it is the cause of this bug, could you try to build your house without the flag as a test? Can you put the flag elsewhere or it gives error anyway?

If every time you try this it gives an error, I think the devs would like to check your save so they can see it themselves.

i still has the save if they want it im plaing on a different one cause it kept happening

Good, can you post it? Even if they didnā€™t ask for it yet, I think it would be helpful to eliminate the bug.

Just compact your save into a zip and drag it into your message.

Then just wait for a mod or dev to show up and analyze it.

1 Like

rustles around in stonehearth folder ā€¦ ah1454399926363.zip (6.4 MB) there it is had to manually attatch because drag and drop circle with line through it

I just tested it. Not sure what the bug is, but:

Oh man, donā€™t chop all the trees like you did, that was massive, too many items now, it will make your hearthlings take forever to organize them. Just chop them as you need space or wood, even if you plan to flat out everything.
You didnā€™t have stockpiles. So no way to stock food or medicine, or loot the items your asked. And all your bushs were very far, you can move them near your town.
No beds, so your herbalist couldnā€™t cure.
No chairs, so no place to eat.
Your carpenter workshop were very far, so whenever he was going to make something he would walk half the map, them another half to comeback with the item.
The trapper needs a location to hunt, he didnā€™t have one.

yea i had other pressing matters liek being attacked every 30 seconds

I am streaming if you would like to see how i normally set up

merry christmas devs all i did was change 2 jobs back to back and got a double error

Summary:
no clue
Steps to reproduce:

1. create a building (do not start building it just design it
  2. move the safety flag into its area
    3)profit (i think)

Expected Results:
No error
Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
alpha 14 no mods
System Information:

develop-2820 (x64)
No matching overload found, candidates: void __add(lua_State*,Point3 const&,Point3 const&)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/components/mount/mount_component.lua:91: in function ā€˜mountā€™
ā€¦/ai/actions/sitting/sit_on_chair_adjacent_action.lua:16: in function <ā€¦/ai/actions/sitting/sit_on_chair_adjacent_action.lua:13>
ā€¦
[C]: in function ā€˜runā€™
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:532: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:517>
[C]: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:232: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:517: in function ā€˜_thread_mainā€™
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
[C]: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:232: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function ā€˜fā€™