Knights of Pen and Paper SALE on Steam! -75%

The title says it all!

It’s a game made by paradox interactive (same creators as magicka)

(Game is 2.50 € now)

here is the steam description:

Digital Deluxe Edition
The Deluxe Edition of Knights of Pen & Paper includes the following bonus items:

Special Guest Character – A Yellow Wizard with passive MP +20
Farm Village Map – A new location that will allow players to farm experience efficiently. Also includes the exclusive Scarecrow monster!
Sci-fi Pack for Bedroom – This gives players 4 exclusive items to customize their “in-game, real-world room”
Treasure Chest with 800 Gold – in-game gold that helps any new player get a head start on their adventure
About the Game
Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based, retro style, pixel-art RPG, inspired by the great titles of the 90’s. Take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session in the ultimate meta roleplaying experience.

As both the playing characters AND the game master, players can choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight and your efforts will be equally rewarded!

Choose from multiple classes, such as knights and mages, pick your characters to control those classes, like grandma or kid brother, and take on the loads of quests, monsters, items and equipment littered throughout Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. Blacksmiths, enchanters, mining, gathering, hidden treasures and a whole lot more await, giving players a lot of room to personalize their gameplay experience.

Don’t wait any longer, the Pen & Paper world needs you!
Key Features
The ultimate pen and paper RPG simulation experience
Put together your own role-playing group complete with the game master, the role-players and their respective classes
Fight and explore your way through a perilous fantasy world to defeat the dark mage
Level up and get your hands on more gold to unlock epic items and gear for your party
As the game master, you can set up the fights yourself and choose how many monsters to battle
The +1 Edition includes these all new features:

New dungeons to explore with monsters, traps, treasures, and powerful bosses
The Tavern, a place to stash heroes and switch out party members
More options for characters to implement during battles, adding more depth and variation to fights
Extended campaign filled with lots of new content

1 Like

i saw this earlier, and was about to snag it… but the reviews (on Steam) were… lackluster at best…

what say the good folks here? on the surface, it certainly looks fun! :smile:

About to play it, will give you my first opinion after a wee while! It’s all new to me as well, but I thought… for 3,XX it can’t really be that much of a waste!

1 Like

@SteveAdamo, I have to say… It’s probably worth the 2.50… But I wouldn’t spend 10 - 15 euros on it :slight_smile:

good enough for me! its not like i dont have 30 other games in the Steam library, that i havent touched yet… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve had this for ages, and I will say it’s kinda fun.

Yes! I’m pretty enjoying it myself atm! And @SteveAdamo, but the +1 edition (the digital deluxe) you get gold, which is linked to the biggest downside of the game (in-game purchases) soo~~ :smiley: yeah! And you get the yellow wizard from magicka which has a MP boost (great for the mage, which is OP begin-game with meteor and such)

ahem

Sorry to disturb you all, but in the name of justice (and the indie game developers of my country - Brazil) I feel obliged to tell you all that:

The game is not made by Paradox. It’s poorly distributed by Paradox (I’ll come back at this later). The game is made by the brazillian indie studio Behold.

Why did I say ‘poorly distributed’? Well, because the game is too expensive for what it is. I love this game - in mobile. It fits well the idea of mobile gaming, it’s simple, it’s CHEAP.

Paradox is sticking a knife into your pockets for a game that still feels and plays mobile, with few relevant additions. And the developers are still getting their original price (which is around 10% of the STEAM price), the rest is going to Paradox. Not saying this is bad - I’m addicted to many games from Paradox (like the Crusader Kings/Europa series) I just think that it was a bad move from Behold - and they even recognized this on brazillian forums - but they can’t go back now.

By all means, if you want to buy it, buy it :smiley: But consider buying the mobile version :wink:

Edit: Oh, and by ‘poorly distribution’ I also meant that it’s wrong to raise a game’s price tag that much WITHOUT removing in-game microtransactions. Buy mobile, please! :cry:

@DaniAngione AUCH! Sorry I didn’t know this when I bought it, I just logged on to steam and found out that it was this cheap haha!

And yeah! I agree, it’s perfect for mobile! But I like it on my lappy as well!

EDIT: I can’t but the mobile version because I don’t own a credit card =.= and google isn’t beeing clear when they are going to add pay pal to their store!

No worries :smile: I’m not saying it’s wrong to buy :stuck_out_tongue: just asking people to maybe consider buying the mobile version if they can. You can’t, so there’s nothing wrong in buying the pc version :stuck_out_tongue:

looks nervously at the item sitting in his Steam cart

1 Like

(Just play it, should start around 3:25)

1 Like

Well, here come my pair of pennies… this game is really fun, easy to play, and I, personally, enjoy it a lot! It’s definitely worth $2.50, and I would even say to buy it for up to about $5. To be honest, the $10 (I think) price tag is a bit too high, but meh. It’s a good game either way.

1 Like

[quote=“SteveAdamo, post:2, topic:5083”]
what say the good folks here? on the surface, it certainly looks fun![/quote]

I actually didn’t like it that much. I played the mobile version, it’s alright in the beginning but after an hour or two, you’ve seen it all and I didn’t feel like playing it again.
For instance, you have to pay to add players to your gaming table, which sounds nice, but my table was full after barely half an hour. If I had the extra 800 gold at the start, it would be even worse.

[quote=“DaniAngione, post:8, topic:5083”]
I love this game - in mobile. It fits well the idea of mobile gaming, it’s simple, it’s CHEAP.[/quote]

+1.
The game for me is more like games like Angry birds: Casual mobile game for a few bucks or free2play + shop.

Don’t expect a real profound d&d kind of experience.

1 Like