Kitty's Design Corner

Ha! That is nice. So many possibilities. Make sure to play a lot with weather types too.

1 Like

On first pass, Borealis Basin has…
Sunny, Windy, and Sandstorm weather, with a small chance of Lucky.

Go beyond that, try custom weathers too, with custom sky colors. It will be worth the effort. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A cool weather would be a nearby volcano eruption rocks/meteors that fall from the sky and become mineable rocks that can give you different resources :3

…that’s a thing weather can do?!

1 Like

weathers can - among other things - call scripts. You can have the meteor/resource rock fall as a coded game master encounter that can get called a few times over the course of the day with that weather. ^^

Ummm… what’s a script? That sounds outside of my current abilities >.<

1 Like

A controller script (Lua); ie: Foggy weather has one to handle the undead spawns and such.

Yea… kitty does not paw at luas [yet?]

Will keep it in mind, though

2 Likes

@BrunoSupremo, is there a way to have the biome use custom versions of the animals? Like if I want to make little green sheep for Mars to replace the standard ones?

Yes, you can check the desert biome (or some of mine) how it does it. In the biome json, you can set a new manifest, that is called only when the biome is chosen. So you can override models and anything else you need, only for that biome.

1 Like

Accidental pretty visual effects from playing with patterns of colours for presentation pictures :smiley:

2 Likes

I should not go digging into things when overtired, I tend to get a little carried away…

-edit-

Does anyone know where I can find the cubemitter effects, or something on how to make/write them? Like how to change snow_effect;

“type”: “effect”,
“tracks”: {
“snow”: {
“type”: “cubemitter”,
“cubemitter”: “particles/snow/snow.cubemitter.json”,
“start_time”: 0,
“loop”: true,
“transforms”: { “x”: 0, “y”: 0, “z”: 0,
“rx”: 0,
“ry”: 0,
“rz”: 0
}
},
“snow_flake”: {
“type”: “cubemitter”,
“cubemitter”: “particles/snow/snow_flake.cubemitter.json”,
“start_time”: 0,
“loop”: true,
“transforms”: { “x”: 0, “y”: 0, “z”: 0,
“rx”: 0,
“ry”: 0,
“rz”: 0
}
}
}
}

At /data/horde/particles. For some reason cubemitters are hardcoded to point there.
When doing your own effect you have to write the full path though to avoid it pointing to stonehearth/data/horde.

Gah, knew I missed looking somewhere that should have been obvious (aka, I’ve delved there for other things but didn’t think of it this time) - I will keep that in mind, thank you for the tip, Bruno!

Update:

My computer is currently imitating Shroedinger’s cat.
Last Windows update went really wrong, and I suspect something hardware because it keeps failing to reboot when I try to reinstall windows from USB.
Seeing I am due to travel at the end of the week, it’s a few days before I can even start the process of getting it to Dell to look at, then a week or two to have it back to me in usable condition presuming a quick turnaround (which the6 have always been good for).

My brother has offered that can use his computer when he’s at work next week, but still means this week is entirely via tablet, which isn’t exactly the best for working on mods, lol…

So all Cattect, Mars, and other mod projects of mine are currently on hold.
The rest of you, keep being amazing!

1 Like

Help, please? >.<

release-906 (x64)[M]
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:465: attempt to concatenate local ‘tree_size’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:465: in function ‘get_tree_name’
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:431: in function ‘mark_trees’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:159: in function ‘fn’
…onehearth/services/server/world_generation/timer.lua:13: in function ‘measure’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:142: in function ‘set_blueprint’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:157: in function ‘create_new_world’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:178: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:162>

What am I doing wrong?
1363891791.zip (9.6 MB)

You do not have in your placement_table a cactus:small and you have repeated juniper:medium

1 Like

Thank you, @BrunoSupremo
Doesn’t seem to be the extent of it, though, so am back to combing through it - hopefully my coffee helps x)

Life on Mars:

Entry 1 - Martian Rhino Beetle

Entry 2 - Lumideer

-The eyes and nose glow. As do the tail and horn “feathers”.

Entry 3 - Seasonal Doodles

My new favourite pet bug; the seasonal sensation, Doodles!

Entry 4 - Stealth Sedectopod Mars Mammoth

Name credit to @Averest :smiley:

3 Likes