Kitty's Design Corner

hair_8bit_hawk2k.qb (155.0 KB)

2 Likes

doesnt look good ^^ when i change it - it doesnt find any hairstyles etc more ^^ i will try again tommorrow

Okay, sleep deprived me is an idiot; all I really needed to do was have the game open to reference what it looks like versus how it “should” look. Which made these much faster to correct minor issues:

hair_8bit_sideshavek.qb (155.0 KB)
hair_8bit_smallbunk.qb (155.0 KB)
hair_8kitty_loom2.qb (155.0 KB)

1 Like

Okay, back to where I was before the report! (I can’t do anything with the Sheep hairstyle; I haven’t heard back from @sheepasaurusrex, and… I’m actually not quite of what exactly changed between the A15 picture and A17 picture that @Kagea posted)

7- Hashi/Talian: These two are the same. Trying to find inspirations for a new name, I instead found a new style to replace one of them with, because…of course I did, lol.

So, Hashi has been renamed Sensei, and tweaked a little: beard_kitty_Sensei.qb (155.0 KB)

And here’s the new one, the Seito: beard_kitty_Seito.qb (155.0 KB)

1 Like

8- Mightypus got a little tweaking

beard_kitty_mightypus2.qb (155.0 KB)

9- As did Orkus

beard_kitty_orkus2.qb (155.0 KB)

10- Pharoah was one of the ones I’ve been wanting to tweak, so tweaked it was:

beard_kitty_Pharaoh2.qb (155.0 KB)

11 & 12 - The most minor of tweaks to the Epic and the ZZcot:
beard_kitty_theEpic2.qb (155.0 KB)
beard_kitty_Zzcot2.qb (155.0 KB)

1 Like

Male Hairstyles Revisited:

Completely redid the braided style; meet the Warrior Braid:

…I feel I should make a version of this for the ladies as well, hmm…

hair_kitty_warriorbraid.qb (125.6 KB)

2 Likes

The Celtarior style has been toned down a bit, and given better symmetry - plus a rename to just “Celtin”;

hair_kitty_celtin.qb (155.0 KB)

There’s also more distinction from version 2 now, as it’s shorter and plainer but much thicker with an additonal adornment;

hair_kitty_celtin_v2.qb (155.0 KB)

2 Likes

The dwarfkin looks fine to me; I might re-address it later when the actual dwarves are introduced, but for now it’s good as it is.

Minor changes to the eastlong, mostly just to give it a small amount of color variation instead of being a solid piece; hair_kitty_eastlong2.qb (155.0 KB)

The Curls, however, have been entirely redone;

hair_kitty_fancycurls_v2.qb (125.6 KB)

3 Likes

Geeky looks fine for what it is; at least, I can’t envision any good way to improve on it currently.
Similar for the Gentleman hairstyle.

Like with the headphone styles for the ladies, I left the first one alone and changed the second to be different - this one is longer and shaggier than the original (partially inspired by someone I dated);

hair_kitty_guyphones2v2.qb (155.0 KB)

2 Likes

Mischief helmet was already addressed, so I skipped over it.
Fauhawk has been adjusted, and renamed to Punkster;

hair_kitty_punkster.qb (155.0 KB)

3 Likes

While I don’t personally care much for the monk haircut, not much to improve on with it.

The newsboy one, however, always felt like it was missing something - and now it’s not!

hair_kitty_newsboy2.qb (155.0 KB)

2 Likes

Shaggy hairstyle got some recolouring…the other one was interesting in theory but impractical to the point of almost being an eyesore in execution.
hair_kitty_shaggy2.qb (155.0 KB)

Shaggy Old Man has always felt a bit off to me, but I still haven’t placed what it is or how to go about trying to change/improve it.

The rest either look fine…or I dislike them too much to find just one thing to fix, most notably the Spiky and the Split. I’d outright get rid of them these days.

1 Like

I don’t know what this is, but I was having a lot of fun making it.
KoD_beadrellabloom.qb (155.0 KB)

1 Like

Just for anyone who ever wants to use the colours that I do for my personal game - I tweak the “crazy” material sets to these:

hair_crazy_material_map: (Greyscale inspired)
{
“stonehearth:hair:hilight” : {
“color” : “#E1E1E1
},
“stonehearth:hair:midtone” : {
“color” : “#9B9B9B
},
“stonehearth:hair:shadows” : {
“color” : “#555555
}
}

hair_crazy2_material_map: (flame colour inspired)
{
“stonehearth:hair:hilight” : {
“color” : “#E2B822
},
“stonehearth:hair:midtone” : {
“color” : “#E27822
},
“stonehearth:hair:shadows” : {
“color” : “#BC3500
}
}

I occasionally play with some of the others and would be happy to share if there’s any interest

1 Like

So, with this decree:

Wiese has nudged me forward, and the new catalgoues should be going up.
I’m gonna try for another hour of sleep, as that’s probably all I got last night in total.
Let me know if anyone runs into any more issues - think I finally nipped most of them (or made Wiese do so :stuck_out_tongue: ). The Sheep hairstyle is still different from the older screenshot that @Kagea provided showing old vs new, but I’m not quite sure how to address that one at this time.

4 Likes

Fun with colours; my, this fell looks angry

2 Likes

Working on new luxury accessory design concepts;

Scarf, thick colouring, side tuck;

Scarf, thin colouring, side tuck:

Scarf, thick colouring, double tuck:

Scarf, thin colouring, double tuck:

1 Like

…except I used the wrong model, so apparently those are scarves for men. Siiiiigh… where’s my coffee, this headache is making this messy

1 Like

Follower of the Bunny Pendant:

Super Fancy scarf:

Gem pendant, large:

Flower necklace:

4 Likes

OMG … what have i done? ^^

1 Like