Kitty's Design Corner

17: Ornate; I’m a bit mixed on this one, so I’m just going to leave it for now.

18: Princess: More minor tweaks, mostly to colouring; hair_kitty_princessv2.qb (155.0 KB)

…I belatedly noted I switched back to the previous naming convention…eh, whatever, @Wiese2007 knows what he’s doing even when it’s questionable if I do (such as when sleep deprived…).

19: Queen: Minor recolour, plus a simple tiara add: hair_kitty_queenv2.qb (155.0 KB)

20: Ribbons: Bah, it’s cute enough, I’ll leave it as is

21: Scigyptech: This one I’m leaving at Wiese’s discrection if it’s a replacement or an addition, as I converted into more of a short helmet/hat with hair: hair_kitty_scigyptech2.qb (155.0 KB)

22: Simpleshag: You know, one of the few older ones I’m still content with. Who would’ve thought it?

23: Simple Workout: Another basic recolouring, as the design itself was pretty solid seeing there wasn’t much to it for it to go wrong: hair_kitty_workoutv2.qb (155.0 KB)

24: Xena: Another bit of recolour, small tweaking - this one is quite shiny, heh: hair_kitty_xenav2.qb (155.0 KB)

And that’s all for the women’s catalogue! The men’s to come… after lecture, some lunch, the trip home, and maybe a short nap, heh

Time for the men! Beards are up first, because, well, alphabetical listing.
ALL beards are being renamed; this is because there somehow ended up being two copies of a few of them, occasionally with the most minor of differences. To avoid this happening again, I’m giving them less overtly creative names, if just so I can keep better track of them myself.

There will also be more instances of new beards than outright replacements, as a small chunk are being dropped just to eliminate the doubles.

1. Alearabia / Eastlong;
    Effectively the same beard; there was all of a few pixels moved or coloured differently.
    a) Eastlong dropped.
    b) Alearabie renamed to "Magi"
    c) Minor colour tweaking
    d) beard_kitty_magi.qb (155.0 KB)

2- BigGoatee: This one actually was a unique beard - which, to me, serves to prove my point. As of such, this one just got some colour tweaking. No redundancy to remove, no renaming necessary.

beard_kitty_biggoatee.qb (155.0 KB)

@Wiese2007! (Or anyone else who might know);

Is there any conceivable way to turn on facial hair for women, out of curiosity?

3- Burlyjack: Another one that didn’t have a double, so just some touching up here
beard_kitty_burlyjack.qb (155.0 KB)

4- Dwarfkin: I decided to fancy this one up a little - no one knows facial hair grooming like a dwarf, but their cousins can still do theirs up quite nicely!
beard_kitty_dwarfkin2.qb (155.0 KB)

hmmmmmmmmm should be possible if i change the json of the females … but to be honest - women with facialhair? ^^

Women with jewelry was what I had in mind actually ^.^

thats could be possible … make something and i will try ^^

Okay, made a relatively simple test

(I used the full body model as a basis rather than just the head so I could tell where it would sit)

KoD_necklace.qb (125.6 KB)

Back to the catalogue:
5- Minor touch up to the goatee: beard_kitty_Goatee.qb (155.0 KB)

6- Handlebar / Superstache:
Being only a few pixels off, I consider this another redundancy. Final product named the Macho.
beard_kitty_macho.qb (155.0 KB)

Right, so, to address concerns;

Queen, v3: hair_kitty_queenv3.qb (125.6 KB)

Examining it more closely, I did recreate the bejeweled one properly, so its v2 should already address the concerns that @Kagea raised. Working on the others in question currently.

Okay, I can’t lie; Kagea’s report inspired me to mess with the ones that needed to be address. So, new version of Long:

hair_kitty_longv3.qb (155.0 KB)

Workout v3 - actually quite pleased with the changes I made to this one:

hair_kitty_workoutv3.qb (155.0 KB)

The fancy shaggy one has telltale markers that I did it from scratch as well, so it should be fine as well.

…I think. I trust @Wiese2007 to get everything squared up where it needs to be. I’m not perfectly sure if I’m using a dated model for the heads / bodies. I, uh…also don’t recall much about what all I did when going through the female hairstyles of mine, seeing that going over a day without sleep messes with my memory more than usual. Going to look at the other two reported, then glance through the catalogue for anything out of place.

The fancy shaggy? Link? :smile:

This one, @Wiese2007
It looked like I remade it, though my own post suggests otherwise, so I’m entirely uncertain…

The fancy shaggy one has telltale markers that I did it from scratch as well, so it should be fine as well.

i mean this? or have i missunderstand it^^

Derp derp derp - likely I was the confused one here; the fancy shaggy one was flagged as being wrong, but as it is here already that means I changed it before. I just wasn’t sure if I remade it from scratch with the model I’ve been using, which would ensure it’s aligned as it needs to be, or if I need to just trust in the amazing powers of the mighty Wiese to ensure it sits properly.

-edit- Speaking of the doings of the mighty Wiese, did you test the necklace?

nope today i was helping a friend - i will look into it tomorrow ^^

Okie dokie! Was just curious! :slight_smile:

@8BitCrab, your hairstyles were impressively challenging to try to recreate

hair_8bit_hawk1k.qb (155.0 KB)