Insane Load Times

I have a settlement that’s halfway through Goldmun, year 1, and now the game hardly loads. I usually have to close it and try loading it again like 5 times, and even then it can take more than 10 minutes to load. Furthermore, even if I am successful in loading my save, half the time the UI doesn’t load! Any advice?

Hi there,
That doesn’t sound good … Can you please upload your save file? Also, what are your computer specs? I would love to take a look.
Thanks
-Yang

1 Like

I have no idea how to share my specs…I also tried compressing my save into a zip file, but it said the file was too big when I tried to upload it. Sorry, I’m kind of a scrub

Try uploading the zipped save to google drive/dropbox.

Run dxdiag.exe(if you search it you should find it) to get your computer specs click save all information(it’ll save as a txt) and upload that.

the txt doc will say something like this along with a few other things.

Machine name: AVIEX-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP EliteBook 8770w
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12220MB RAM
Page File: 5013MB used, 19424MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode
1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

To expand on @Aviex, once you get the file uploaded to Google Drive, Dropbox, File Dropper, etc, you simply get a “sharing link” and post it here. If you don’t have an existing Google Drive or Dropbox account, File Dropper should work without needing to register.

I have dropbox :wink: thanks for the info!

OKAY here are the specs and the dropbox link to my save:

Time of this report: 9/18/2016, 14:52:11
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.160906-1818)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: K55A
BIOS: K55A.204
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3982MB RAM
Page File: 2511MB used, 9662MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

if you can, let me know what you find! I’m curious :smiley:

Hi,
I tried loading this save and it loaded fairly quickly, so this might be a machine configuration difference. Out of curiosity, what kind of harddrive do you have? Is it an SSD or a spinning hard drive?
Thanks
-Yang

Hi,
I think I’ve uncovered the issue. What happens if you press F5 when it gets stuck for too long (say 3 mins)? I think that will make it so it goes to the game UI. There was a bug where the loading would inadvertently wait forever, but pressing F5 (which is UI refresh) might fix it as a work around for now.
Thanks
-Yang

3 Likes

The F5 did work! I’m not sure what kind of hard drive I have, but I doubt it’s anything fancy. Thanks for your help! :smiley: