How I would enrich Hearthling stat and equpiment system

I don’t know if this is going to have any impact at all, but maybe someone from the team will read this. Some stuff I noted here were probably suggested earlier.

This thread is about how I would modify the Hearthling stat system. Proper tabs in Character Sheet are already present but I would add some content to them. One little functional thing is I would like the Character Sheet to remember the last tab I opened and don’t close if I select another Hearthling so I can cycle between Hearthlings with one click and compare their morale, stats, appeal etc.

Attributes

A lot of free space here. What always made me think is why the hunger bar is not here, some mod bars like thirst and warmth could also belong here. A functionality I would add is a Diet Bar. Each food would give a certain amount of Diet Points corresponding to different stats and a fixed number of last eaten foods (e.g. 4) would be displayed as icons below the bar with their Diet Points showing when the icon is hovered. The bar would be filled and a fixed amount of stat points (e.g. 10) called Diet Bonus would be added to Ling’s stats based on the percent composition of the diet bar. Some fancy foods could add a Diet Bonus Limit point or two in addition to Diet Points so fancy stuff could further improve the stats.

Equipment

Once again quite a lot of free space. What I’ve always been wanting is an ability to select Ling’s equpiment so if there are several similar equipment pieces in the inventory I can decide what the Ling should wear. This would need specifying the equipment slots in a typically RPG manner to function. An ability to set min/max cap for modified stats (so an item cannot increase Speed above a given value) and make some pieces equippable only if below/above certain stats would also be nice.

4 Likes

Sir, your attributes page is quite drunk.

Though, the way it is right now is quite redundant, since the traits are already listed above the tabs.

2 Likes

That’s why I allowed myself to omit it :wink:

Yeah! Great equipment challange! Better things for better stats!