Grimm's Voxel Fun

@GrimMethod try and do some Mongolian Cultures next please!!! and Bravo with your Voxel Gallery you are a real Contender to other Voxel Galleries!!!
P.S. Keep it up with the Good Work!!! :smiley:

@Paranundrox Yeah I was messing around with some blues and stuff but I couldnā€™t think of quite what yet; I definitely want to get more color in there the tribal people are a lot more colorful than the hut currently lol.

@KingMooCow Oh man Mongolian would definitely be fun to do; Iā€™ll for sure try that when I finish up my tribal culture :smiley: Iā€™m going to need the practica haha.

@SteveAdamo
There ya go super up close and personal with the Witchdoctor :wink:

4 Likes

Nice Witch Doctor man!!! really do love the staff and skull hat!!! "weres da Vodo man!!!"
P.S. @GrimMethod Donā€™t forget the Mongolian Horses PLEASE!!!

That witch doctor is amazing. Great detail, and it fits very well with the shape of the model. Loving the staff as well!

wow, he looks even better close up! i thought that was an avian bird helmā€¦ that with the loincloth(?) and skull medallion really complete the lookā€¦ well done! :+1:

Its either a loin cloth or a leafā€¦ Either way, Iā€™m glad its thereā€¦

@KingMooCow Oh definitely canā€™t have Mongolians without their horses :smiley:

Iā€™m thinking some kind of mythical large bird for the tribal people maybe almost some kind of hybrid between a Chocobo from Final Fantasy and a Peco Peco from the Ragnarok Online series; they seem too awesome for just a plain Native American styled horse. I mean where would they get all the colored feathers they have otherwise? Right? Lol.

Hereā€™s a still image of the staff :smiley: I do love how the shrunken head came out very much haha.

2 Likes

Yeah I really wanted him to have a skull mask like the Chief but his is more for physical strength look so I went wolf inspired for him but a nice black beaked Crow type skull just screamed Witchdoctor.

For the Tribal Witch Doctor you could give him useable Wings
@GrimMethod !!!
P.S. Amazing shrunken head on the Staff!!!

Itā€™s funny that you say that because the more I kept looking at him to get the up close pictures I was thinking his back seemed too empty; he needs something cool on his back like the Chief has his double sided bone axe some black/purple wings might fit the bill :smiley:

Hmmph. Everyone keeps taking all the easy puns. But seriously, that shrunken head is awesome. Such detail in such a small space. Your models are amazing.

@Paranundrox Thanks :smiley: I actually thought about that last line right after I posted; I was like aww man terrible pun. lol. The shrunken head is actually a shrunken version of the tribal peon I just cut it off and resized it and made it decaying; true to life if you will haha.

@SteveAdamo Funny thing about their clothesā€¦ or lack thereof; just a couple leaves tied to strings. I tossed around some cloth ideas and I tried to change the coloring of the Witchdoctorā€™s leaves to look different but anytime I added a new color to either front or back. It looked like something other than paint LOL.

1 Like

How do i get my hands on some of this eiditing stuff! lol

Weā€™ll just pretend that last post of mine never happened as I delete it (Left a still image to forever laugh at me) and move on, forgetting about wasted hours of my life on a failed teepee; these guys are getting an upgrade to their ability to build things and will instead build real huts.

@Azurose The program youā€™re looking for is http://www.qubicle-constructor.com/ everything Iā€™ve done so far has been in the free version; just so you know how much you can do :smiley: I do plan on buying a copy here soon I wanted to make sure I could use it first haha.

3 Likes

Yeah I think this hut is going much better; the Chief and Witchdoctor seem to like it. Theyā€™ve already moved in and painted the walls; now theyā€™re relaxing by a fire.

I made some changes to the hut not all are visible in the still image scene. I tried to make it look more like a wolf skin roof stretched by four corners tied to logs with some sinew and a tree stuffed in the center pushing it up; since itā€™s not an enclosed roof I made some water drains in the corners of the floor. (I donā€™t know why but it really bothered me that water had no where to go. :angry: What water? I donā€™t know lol.)

3 Likes

hi @Azuroseā€¦ welcome aboard! :smile:

if you havent been to the official qubicle site, take a look here, and grab the basic (free) versionā€¦ thereā€™s also a pretty good getting started video as wellā€¦ have fun!

1 Like

@GrimMethod Wait a minute!!! That wolf was my cousin!!! :angry:

Thatā€™s a shame sir; he should have run faster my tribe isnā€™t even mounted yet. :smiley:

@GrimMethod He broke his leg a few weeks ago, Are your tribe members so dishonorable as to attack and kill a cripple!!! Ned Stark would be ashamed!!!

i love this tribal stuff cant wait to see more!