Extra Map Options 🗺

thumbnail

Download:

:arrow_right: Steam Workshop :: Extra Map Options

If you can't use Steam, then (and only then) click here for a manual installation

extra_map_options.smod
:warning: Place the downloaded file in your stonehearth/mods folder.

Description:

World Size:

• Small, Medium, Large

Enable:

• Lakes, Dirt holes

Rivers:

• Quantity
  • Size:
    • Narrow, Wide
  • Locations:
    • Plains, Foothills, Mountains

Special Modes:

• Superflat
  • Waterworld
  • Canyons
  • Sky Lands

Should work with any biome.

27 Likes

I have played with this mod since I found it some weeks ago.

Dude, every time, EVERY TIME, I get the feeling of a vast and unknown world that I can almost reach out to and explore. It makes me want to make a “transcontinental railroad” all over the map, it adds a sense of gravitas to the game, there is so much land to explore.

I must now find a way to get my heartlings some carts and a picnic basket with some tents, the quest for more lumber beyond the mountain shall prevail!

6 Likes

I love this. I have no other comments, just that its great and I love it.

3 Likes

Actually, I get the feeling that this will be really nice for multiplayer. Will have to try it out soon once a friend gets SH.

3 Likes

And after some time (maybe post-alpha) and much more modding, their will be an RTS style map for multiplayer battles.

1 Like

Great mod, the world is really too small without it, though I’m having a problem where a shepherd will go way too far for an animal and die. Could someone make a mod to limit the distance a shepherd is willing to go?

1 Like

I think the shepherd animals spawn where the fog starts, so if you uncover a lot of the map it will start appearing far.

1 Like

Ah, well I play a lot of multiplayer games with a friend, and that explains why his shepherd is always running over to me…

1 Like

patch_notes_button Mod Updated

Download:
Through Steam Workshop, or :up: At the first post. :up:

Changes:
Now the mod allows to pick which size you want (instead of just being giant). 3 sizes available, small, normal (default) and large

8 Likes

Fancy! Well done Bruno :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Download:

Changes:
Added popup with options to change world generation besides just the old small and large map sizes.
Renamed mod accordingly to Extra Map Options. Rivers mod obsolete now, feel free to remove that one from your mods (you should, to avoid conflicts)

12 Likes

Download:

Changes:

• Added Sky Lands mode. It creates floating islands in the sky.
  • Fixed stubborn biomes like archipelago and canyon not accepting some changes. You can now dry the ocean or remove rivers as desired in those biomes.
9 Likes

Bruno,
On my biome (Tropic of Unicorn) No matter what option i put in for rivers i only get 1 river. If I put in a huge number like 80 I get several “dots” of 1x1 voxel rivers in foothills and mountains, but still only 1 river on the plains. Do I need to change something in my biome_generation.json? All the other options work correctly. I would like my biome to be compatible!
Thanks!
-TacocaT

1 Like

Hi. help me pls.
I’m want to edit border when choose location.
i’m choose normal is too small for me and when choose large is too big for me.

i’m try edit
local map_border = self._world_size*16 << change *2 but not it small

help pls. Thank you

1 Like

The tacocat issue was solved in private a long time ago, his biome simple did not have space for long rivers, so the river would start and immediately end for lacking space to extend.

Now, notdownload.
The map border (that variable you tried editing) is just the area outside of the visible map portion, I use its size with that variable to avoid generating stuff like rivers outside of the playable area.
The actual world size is not as easy to change, because it is interconnected with a bunch of other stuff.

Now, the issue that a normal map is too small for you, have you filled a normal map yet? How about at least just 10% of it? :stuck_out_tongue: (I will guess not, but if you did, please show the world, it would be amazing)

4 Likes

Thank you Mr.BrunoSupremo

Help guide for me Thank you.

1 Like

Bruno is in a roundabout way asking you why you want that size specifically (since 3 player Co op fits just fine on a small map even…)

1 Like

Download:

Changes:

Added compatibility for the Tower Defense mod (so there is no need to remove this one when playing that one)

4 Likes

Would it be possible to add options to add more monuments and to choose to exempt large monuments or not.

There is a mod that do that. Also, on small map it already has “more” landmarks, because the game generates the same amount no matter the size of the map, meaning that in small maps they will be all condensed together in a small space.