Fisher Job 🐟 + Archipelago Biome

o right, I feel a bit stupid now haha. I haven’t played this game for a long time so everything has slipped out of my head

Seeing all these hibiscus models and ideas makes me want to whip-up something too :smile:~
…lives in the tropics, I think I’ll fair well.

3 Likes

hibiscus

The thing is: we keep writing about the hibiscus bush without knowing what @BrunoSupremo thinks…

Very true… :thinking:

Don’t worry guys, you convinced me already. I’m working on the hibiscus.
You guys started this and I was “what the hell is an hibiscus”, searched in google just to find out that I have 3 at the garden, one dark red, one light pink, and one orange/salmon colored. :sweat_smile: I had no idea it was a famous plant.
You mentioned it attracts bees, and I have like 5 or so hovering around, but in a different plant. The hibiscus here is only attracting butterflies and hummingbirds (fun fact: the brazilian name for hummingbird can be literally translated back to english as “flower kisser”)

I’m feeling unless I pull out another campaign arc, this next update will just be a big collection of small things.

:hibiscus::hibiscus::hibiscus:

11 Likes

I never realized we had an emoji for it! Cool.

I like the idea of the orange/salmon colored hibiscus bush, especially since we already have three pink flowers and one blue flower.

4 Likes

Again I am very impressed with this latest update to the mod. Keep up the awesome work, and also how do you animate your models?

1 Like

I Cant Buld the Fisher basket for the job.
The Carpenter have it not in choice.

Hmm, it does seem the Fisher is locked to the Archipelago biome itself - going to make the fisher icon in the Forest does not produce the option to do so;

Is that by design, @BrunoSupremo?

1 Like

patch_notes_button Bug Fix

For Alpha 23!

Download:
:arrow_up: At the first post. :arrow_up:

Bugs fixed

• Fisher Talisman (bucket) was not craftable in other biomes. Fixed, but now it is a carpenter recipe only, Rayya will have to buy from merchants for now.
  • Crab trap text says it needs manual harvest. Fixed.

Included changes

• Update palm tree colors, not super neon green anymore.
  • Pearl prices changed. White pearl gold value changed from 35 to 15. Black pearl from 150 to 66. Pearl container from 150 to 75. It is the market bubble burst!
  • Cooked Fish now requires cook level 2, to match the oven used in the recipe also being a level 2 item. Crab cake moved to level 3 and crab omelette to level 4.
8 Likes

Just got this error after updating - not sure if it’s the same one as before

release-784 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.lua:52: (49293380 archipelago_biome:critters:crab) cannot follow path because it is not a child of the root entity; parent = (9141614 archipelago_biome:gizmos:crab_trap)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:46: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:230: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.lua:52: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.lua:42>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:196: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:193>
…
[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:515: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Started in the Desert Transition Temperate Biome, as Rayyas Children with the extraload mod so I could start with a carpenter and a potter, but the bucket was not a craftable item for my carpenter…

Downloading the new Archipelago Biome Fixed it.

(this is not an update release)

So, I finally got the terrain generation the way I wanted!
From this
https://discourse.stonehearth.net/uploads/short-url/gnaawbsUNURw7moq81sNpIiuZhg.png
to this
https://discourse.stonehearth.net/uploads/short-url/9SpqtjtZslcHBMHnDEeF2Mgaxx8.png

You can see below how there will be way more flat areas to build.
screenshot%202018_02_07__23_36_47

And here the above territory in game. Left side we have the mountain very close to the beach with very steep terrain, basically no flat area to build. At the right side though there is a big flat area!
screenshot%202018_02_07__23_40_27

Not gonna lie, I had to pull some excel to figure out the math for it :smile:
excel

And about the hibiscus, I was trying to do it like the real bush that I have at home, but it was not looking good in voxels, and I didn’t want to make just a variation of the vanilla bush, so I end up making this giant hibiscus plant (which was the old plan anyway)
hibiscus_plant

Below are the three stages, full, harvested and dropped item.
screenshot%202018_02_08__00_24_49

Sorry I missed your message last time. I use blender with a stonehearth plugin (search the forum for blender add-on or plugin). You can make the animation as usual, and the plugin generates the needed game files.

18 Likes

Oh, the new island design is going to work great! Thanks. :jubilant: They’ll definitely make me run a new town.

For the hibiscus, would it be possible to make them in orange and yellow, or even purple and yellow, the missing flower colors?

If I update once it’s ready is my map going to change? I really hope not! I’m already established on several levels

Nice this is what i want :star_struck:

when will the new version be available with the beautiful terrain?

1 Like

Hey @BrunoSupremo, are we allowed to donate models here :slightly_smiling_face:?
If it’s already mentioned somewhere here that it’s allowed/not then I guess I’ve must missed it :sweat_smile:~

I tried adding a subtle random color variation, but scrapped the idea cause it really didn’t change much. I will try a full color swap, an orange version should look good.

No. Once the terrain is made, it does not change. Only new worlds will have different terrain.

I will release it after the new alpha 24. I prefer it this way cause I can mix in a single update the new content and necessary compatibility fixes at once. I do not like pushing multiple updates for small things. (unless necessary, like bug fixes)

Sure. I already got help from multiple people in different areas. Models, animations, code, templates, ideas. It is all welcomed :wink: (Although I’m a little stubborn)

5 Likes

The Island update is a Bugfix ^^ please post it ^^

1 Like