Fisher Job 🐟 + Archipelago Biome

:warning: :warning: Important Bug Fix :warning: :warning:

For Alpha 22.5!

Download:
:up: At the first post. :up:

Bug fixes:

• Crab Traps were bugging the game, throwing error messages all the time. Fixed.

Sorry about that guys. I thought I had fixed it before, but now it is for sure.
Basically if you had many traps close together the crabs inside them would try to interact with neighboring traps. Thanks @Grynn for the bug report and your save file, it helped narrowing the problem.

Still say its pretty darned impressive you got to “crab pots are too close” from that vague error message and a save lol. Thanks for the update. Think i’ll restart just to be safe. NEW ADVENTURES!

Having a turtle shell shield would look really cool and would fit the whole ‘islander’ thing, although getting materials (the turtles are too cute to kill!) and choosing the class to work the materials (maybe the fisherman?) would probably be a bigger challenge than animating since you can copy the animation from other shields.
Just some random thoughts on the mod. Really loving it though!

1 Like

Yes, I do not want them killed.
I’m thinking about add a turtle shield as a rare loot or campaign reward.

5 Likes

Having it as a campaign reward would make it interesting since players who normally wall themselves in (like me) but also want the item (also me) would have to go out and complete the campaigns. I personally can’t wait for an item like this!

The home sweet home mod Home sweet home (Version 2.3) 🏡 NEW UPDATE! requires vegetable soup to make the cooks workshop and thus is not attainable anymore because fish soup has replaced vegetable soup.

sorry, must be the outdated cooking and farming mod, I thought I deleted it because its unstable on 22.5 but it got back in somehow, most likely me being stupid and deleting the one in my downloads and not the one from my mods folder

Holy crap, this mod has gotten fifty thousand times more amazing since last I saw!

YOU ADDED FISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG! I’M SO HAPPY :jubilant:!

I also LOVE your octomonster! So cool!

hey hey any plans on the horizon for this mod??? additional campaign stuff maybe??? more monsters??? SAILING MAYBE!? granted the water physics in this game right now i don’t think would allow for functional boats but i’m sure you’ve thought about it :3

Yes, there is at least two stories planned for campaigns plus the basic tutorials/introductions.

None planned for now, although I have a lot of sketches floating around from brainstorms.
There was that seagull that some guys got to see sometime ago, but I have yet to implement it, because I want it flying around, not just walking.
snap2017-09-23-09-57-22

A jellyfish mob maybe?
snap2017-09-23-09-56-48

And a “king crab”, this is supposed to be giant, probably having someone else in his back, like a goblin
snap2017-09-23-09-56-24
Or maybe something related to the fisher, like with the a potion created by the herbalist, he could apply it to the captured crabs to make them giant and make them join your military parties. (yep, a lot of crazy ideas)
There is also the usual mob reskins, like making all undead pirate themed, which for some reason I couldn’t get it to work yet. (I can’t remember why, will try again later)

I have something planned, not really good though. It is basically a teleport between two points. You make a dock, order a hearthling to go there, he jump in a little boat/canoe/raft/etc. Then you select another dock and click a “go here” button in its interface, making the boat teleport to this new dock, where you can unload your hearthling there.

7 Likes

That all sounds great! The only issue I have is the teleporting system you have in mind. you already said it’s not that great lol. I mean you can very easily just mine out stairs and have your hearthlings run there right through the water right now. now granted they move slower in water, and long distances mean chances of them starving, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take! but seriously it would be a nice enough jumping off point for proper sailing with your teleportation dock system.

A question that has probably been answered before, but I’m honestly too lazy to read all 212 responses :frowning: If I install Archipelago will I have access to Fisherman as a profession on other biomes? Like, for instance, if I play on the Anorien biome?

New class: Fisher

-snip-
It will work in other biomes too! (Though with less features when outside the Archipelago)
-snip-

Don’t even need to read through the responses, it’s in the initial post / description :slight_smile:

Speaking of which, the updates to this mod since I was last active look amazing, @BrunoSupremo!

3 Likes

So for some reason I can’t play this mod. It’s showing up on my mod list as an “Invalid Manifest”. What’s up with that? Is there a way for me to fix it?

… What’s a Stonehearth.log file?

I can list off the mods I have.

Here’s my mod list.

Yang decorations.

Yang armoury.

Terrain colors.

Better stockpiles.

Settlement decor.

Settlement decor bs.

Cook mod.

Cook mod bs.

Brewery mod.

Brewery mod bs.

MRcontainers.

More AWas.

Skyrim battle music.

Jomaxro doorway.

Patrol mod.

And Archipelago of course.

(Yes, I really love mods.)

I tried to find that file, but I don’t really know what I’m doing and couldn’t find it. You said something about a x86. I found a x64. It wasn’t in there though.

AWaS is “More Awesome Weapons and Stuff” I believe.

And I’m sorry, but I really don’t see this Stonehearth.log file. Don’t know what to tell ya. :woman_shrugging:

stonehearth.log is found within the main Stonehearth-folder; this is, one level above your mod-folder.
Make sure to un-hide file extensions unless you already have done this - un-hiding the extensions will display your file-names like cef.pak, crash_reporter.exe, libcef.lib, etc.

However, in this case, even if you do not un-hide file extensions, stonehearth.log should be somewhat easy to find - it is the only “regular” text-file within your main Stonehearth-folder. In my case, it is the 3rd of the files including “stonehearth” in their name.

stonehearth-log

Huh…I tried installing the mod and in game it says that the mod has an invalid manifest and wont load. Is my computer possibly corrupting the file during download? Or is there something else I should check on?

:warning: Bugged link :warning:

For some reason, the download name changed. Because of this, the game fails to load it.
I added a new link there that should work.

For the above problems, from Musicalocelot and Alexander_Harvey, I solved their problems via PM.

Meanwhile, because I feel bad for this and to post just something that is not really useful, here is a turtle shield, as suggested previously. I’m actually working in the campaign to reward that to the player right now, well not now that I havd to stop to fix all this problems :stuck_out_tongue:
turtle_shield
It should be equivalent to a bronze shield, except you don’t need a blacksmith to get it :slight_smile: For footman level 2, with two defense.

8 Likes