Enemy Tent Spawned on top of a tree

Summary:
I had defeated the enemies after the 4th Gong. I’m not sure of the proper term for that event. The game continued a day or two and I got more story saying there are more enemies nearby. So I went looking for then and discovered one of their camp tents spawned up in a tree. It’s probably RNG of it happening, but apparently it’s possible.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Defeat 4th gong enemies.
  2. Wait until story continues.
  3. Look around and hope the tent didn’t spawn in a tree.

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 18 release 656, unmodded

System Information:

Mod Edit: Embedded pictures in post and added verion number

2 Likes

do you by any chance have a savefile of it?

The save file would indeed be useful, especially if the tent is actively in the tree still.

Paging @Albert to see this, something seems off with camp placement again.

they’re in the trees?! :fearful:

we’re in the trees! :scream:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/theyre-in-the-trees/10362

Drats, no. I played past it to see what my warriors would do about it. Turns out the archers could still hit the tent and destroy it. There wasn’t any loot left up in the tree. I guess my urge to science was too great. If it happens again I’ll be sure to keep a save file for you guys. I just didn’t think of it.

1 Like

Basically the campaign has a radius for each camp spawn, to check if it has space when spawning. So a camp with radius 20 would require 41x41 blocks free to spawn (20 to a side, 20 to the other, plus the center)

When the game finds a location, it will erase everything in that area, then spawn its items.
What happens here is that the tree (at least its very center position) is out of the camp radius, so it was not deleted. But also the tent is a little too far from the camp center, probably outside of the radius.

@BrunoSupremo explained it well! Yes, the structures were a bit too far out of the camp radius. I’ve increased the radius so that the camp will only be placed in areas that are large enough to fit the structures.

3 Likes