DwarfCorp - Kickstarter campaign

Well, delayed is something we all are familiar with from various experiences in our vast gamelives. That happens! :smile:
I am looking forward to getting my hands on both Dwarf Corp and Stonehearth - exciting times!

Well that is true, but they also “upgraded” the tiers to make up for it.
Also they are super transparent about it all:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1078333633/dwarfcorp/posts/565292

Ok so I won’t get Beta in August, but well I think getting Alpha access in June instead is also swell :slight_smile:

And on a more crazy note, someone did back the 10,000 $ tier!!!
So they are very well on their way of achieving the last 50K stretch goal.

odd, i made a response here last night… oh well, i basically said that it seems one of the creators in entering a PhD program, and will have very limited time contribute to the project (for some time, it seems)…

but i give them full points for telling their backers before the campaign closed, to give them an option to pull their pledge, or adjust it accordingly… :+1:

i with them the best in the project though!

1 Like

I tell the devs to rock on. I will not remove or adjust my pledge just because it will take longer than anticipated. I fully support those who dream and work hard enough to make things tangible. Keep on rolling indie devs.

Heartily Agreed sir.

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree. Just sad that we’re going to need to wait longer for the game. Gotta say though, props to them for being in a PhD program.

So I guess this is out in the world now, I just ran into Paul Soares Jr’s video on it:

It looks pretty nice, but I saw two main things that made me want to discuss it here:

• More slice view controls - up/down keys, slice to cursor hotkey
  • Civ-style diplomacy (negotiation/trading)

I think those work so well in it due to it being a more focused and in some ways less complicated game than Stonehearth, but I think there are still lessons Stonehearth could learn. The underground view and mining tools in Stonehearth need to be better, and DwarfCorp gives one example of what relationships with NPCs and the outside world could look like.

3 Likes

Ha, seems like a cute little game. I’m very much a fan of two things you mentioned. Love the control scheme for slicing and the conversation system with the molemen and the undead.

Having that extra bit of information you can gleam from the NPC’s goes a long way to adding some much needed flavor in their game. The dwarves themselves feel pretty flat (compared to our adorable hearthlings), but the traders/npcs are intriguing and interesting.

Would have to see more to make any more judgements about the game as it compares to SH, but it appears to be super simplistic in nature… and needs some serious UI love.

Otherwise, thanks for bringing this game back up, @coasterspaul