Devolant's Twitch Live Feedback Thread

Already, I feel a lot of these issues I’m running into are things that’ll be considered with future building updates and the re-addition of the building removal system

Also noticing a lot of lag, not game lag but animation lag, from there being too many entities in the game at once. All I have is 13 hearthlings, a goblin t2 camp (or t1? It has a chieftain), their goblins and a giant zombie with a chest and the blue lua bar goes nuts and the animation in game drops to something close to 10 fps whilst the game itself while the game itself along with camera movement stays smooth D:

@yshan It’s been several ingame days and my hearthlings have yet to complete this building. They’ve completed the structure itself but a lot of the placement items have just been ignored :frowning: I can upload my save, but the game is not throwing any errors. The items in question are undeployed and in storage, away in containers.

Man… it’s been a long time since I’ve been back to my thread here. I will be bringing back the stream and coverage soon as I see all this new juicy content on the horizon :slight_smile: Will announce when the next Stonehearth stream drops. We’ll be playing the vanilla experience until mods are needed in our sessions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a mod or anything that can be used to keep the grid up on the blocks while doing normal play instead of using the tools to always keep them visible?

awhile back @linda added a user_settings.json option to have gridlines always shown,

3 Likes

One quick method I use to show grids is to press Z, which is the shortcut for the zones menu. Doing that activates the grid.

2 Likes

Everytime I try to make my moats a thing this happens…

release-687 (x64)
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: in function '_remove_height’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:261: in function '_remove_water’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:473: in function ‘fill_channel_from_water_region’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:561: in function ‘callback_fn’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:194: in function ‘each_channel_ascending’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:559: in function ‘fill_channels_to_capacity’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:768: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:52: in function ‘fn’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

release-687 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:2103: attempt to index local ‘fixture’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:2103: in function ‘_compute_fixture_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:666: in function ‘_finish_set_building_active’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1801: in function ‘_compute_scaffolding_worker’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1722: in function 'fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Happens when trying to build a building with an outside staircase and no actual roof, just a second floor… :S

Building in question… So weird.

Redid the building, making some progress :smiley: I think it’s coming along fine, keeping the elevation advantage to keep nasties outta the base while I tech up.

1 Like

Having weird issues with items being left on crafting stations and not being taken off… My Herbalist, level 2, will not take the dang book I crafted off the table and become a cleric… And no one will remove the book from the table…

Also, if I am to understand this current system correctly… As the Children (Desert Folk), when you trade for a rare seed it gives you an herb and that herb can be used by your herbalist instead of being used as seeding for your farmer which means you just botched your own trade by the system working “as intended”. I can’t plant frostsnap seeds regardless of the fact that I completed the trade quest successfully because my Herbalist missed the memo and decided to use it instead of the 99 desert cactus flowers I had… A little frustrated at that fact currently because I just realized it happened :confused:

I’ve also noticed that hearthlings in combat sometimes want to “Go on patrol” mid fight and will pull out of melee for a moment only to return a second later to the fight, swing and then loop again to want to go patrol. :S

Is there a system to delete objects (Furniture and such) while doing the blueprinting of a building? I’m thinking I missed a hotkey or something because I can’t seem to delete objects in a house in the Blueprint mode :frowning:

unless i misunderstood your question, you should be able to remove furniture/decorations from blueprints by using the eraser tool,

1 Like

AH! I see! Also, I found my seeds, I am salty no longer!

4 Likes

I have also seen this behavior in the Soldiers as well

As soon as I load in I got 3 engine errors D: I’ll copy them and pasta them over, no clue what caused them. :<

release-687 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:172: attempt to index local ‘building’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:172: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:216: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:42: in function <…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:40>