Devolant's Twitch Live Feedback Thread

Hello! I’ve been playing a lot more StoneHearth with the release of every patch and have been around the game for a while. I figured since it’s one of the early access titles on Steam that’s actually being cultivated into a proper game that I would take the time and actually give some feedback since the Devs seem to be listening and watching carefully, pouring love into their game :smiley: I also frequently stream and discuss my ideas and such about the game and favorable changes I’d like to see to the game as well. Without further delay, let’s get right into it! Copy Pasta, ho!

StoneHearth Suggestions and Ideas!

1. Hearthlings possibly need an item specific to hauling, increasing their haul amount and allowing them
    to haul more, faster. (Gnomoria/Dwarf Fortress inspired idea)

2. Direct commands should never be overridden by AI

3. Maybe some hotkeys for party control groups, hotkeys for combat controls, RTS style drag selection
    for military hearthlings while in town defense mode or while you have the combat tab up?
    Or maybe just a multiple selection tool for only military hearthlings.

4. Multiple actor selection while in blueprint mode to alter the color of multiple wall sections.

5. Maybe multiple stances for military Hearthlings? Possibly a passive stance for Cleric which makes
    them stand by and heal, and wait for damage to be dealt instead of pushing into melee range and getting
    cleaved and running in fear, effectively stopping their direct heal output.

6. Perhaps allowing some previous passives from building block classes to be used in their advanced classes
    for example, allowing a knight to pull in 1 previous talent learned from footman, like First Responder to
    allow them to keep up with the rest of the front line ala Final Fantasy Tactics-esque. Could designate specific
    skills to be grandfathered to the new classes so it’s not overpowered. First Responder, available to Footman and Knight.

And I’m continuously compiling more into the list as I go on! If I missed anything that’s been addressed, please say so! I love this game, Love what’s being done with it and can’t wait to see what they’ll add next! Keep up the awesome work and I look forward to see what my fellow Hearthlings think! For live discussion and such, you can see me live on stream here Twitch

6 Likes

I know they probably also know this as well, but the building repair system or editing a building after it’s complete is very hard to do D: I love all the building upgrades and I know they are probably working their butts off on improving it. Just figured I’d mention it :smile: Feedback and all!

Bumped with a twitch link Twitch :slight_smile: Come hang out and talk Stonehearth shop, coffee around the Hearth :slight_smile:

When too many enemies are idle on the map, I guess the Lua goes insane? D: Causes hearthlings and activities to drop but actual game control of map and such is smooth. It’s really odd D:

Playing a bit on stream this morning, going to see if there’s anything I need to add to the list! :smiley: Hopefully I’ve caught some eyes <_<

Also, does anyone out there know what exactly influences monster spawn points? Does moving your town influence them? I’m trying to build in a new area but it feels like they spawn right at my back door now :S

Yes the dev have also provided a graphic for it.

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/dt-enemy-placement/20800

1 Like

Thanks :smiley: I’m hoping I can gather as much as possible on this thread for relevance sake to go along with suggestions and ideas. Might catch on :smiley:

Well this is odd, my hearthlings keep trying to path to build a ladder I’ve made on the side of a mountain but they keep turning around right as they hit the fence line.

Possibly a bug in the new build? D:

Hi @DevolantTwitch
Can you upload your save where this is happening? I’ll take a look
Thanks!
-Yang

I have seen an issue where the Hearthling go up and then down ladders repeatedly when building houses but not doing anything just going up and down. Sometimes they go up the ladder and fall back down. This does not happen all the time only occasionally. As well as falling down the ladder when mining from a cliff. Sometimes putting them in defense mode will straighten them out or a reload.

I will try to capture a save next time I notice it.

1 Like

How would one upload a save D: I’m bad. Help @yshan !

I’ll upload it before my stream tomorrow morning so you can check it out.

1467735994376.7z (3.0 MB)

@yshan I think I got it.

Seems like I’m also having a problem with patrols as well. I had heard people tell me about their patrolling issues but haven’t had it til now. It seems the footman just stand around idle instead of patrolling :confused: Which means no passive exp gain.

One thought I have is Priorities.

In specific; Priorities for stockpiling, I would prefer to have an overstock chest/plot of land, as well as a specific chest for the product in hand. For example, having a chest for logs, and then outside a plot of logs. I would prefer the chest be filled first as thats closer to the actual carpentry table, but they’ll opt for the plot of land as that’s closer to where I have my tree’s set up.

2 Likes

@yshan Looks like the scaffolding bug is still alive. No load during the building I started on stream while you were here and it broke scaffolding again :frowning:

Tried saving and reloading to fix the problem, the hearthlings start to take down the scaffolding then stop after this appears

release-572 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:634: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:634: in function ‘_start_erasing’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:309: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:227: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:221: in function ‘trigger’
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:277: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:224: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’

…omponents/scaffolding/scaffolding_project_volume.lua:314: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:224: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:180: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:157>
[C]: in function 'destroy’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:103: in function <stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:99>

1 Like