Bad unit transition "start_thinking" from "finished" in action fill the backpack with ground items

This error occur just after saving. but not entierly saving.

develop-2534 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
[C]: in function 'error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function '_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function '_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function '_do_slow_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function '_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function 'self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

yes. the saving do not exist. but i can relauch the saving. and it go good.

after a 5mn i have this :
develop-2534 (x64)
std::logic_error: 'invalid entity reference in get_standable_point’
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'get_standable_point’
radiant/modules/terrain.luac:49: in function ‘get_standable_point’
…spawn_region_finder/spawn_region_finder_service.luac:55: in function ‘try_spawn’
…spawn_region_finder/spawn_region_finder_service.luac:61: in function <…spawn_region_finder/spawn_region_finder_service.luac:56>

1 Like

I can send you the save. i reloaded the save and after a goblin thief appear, the error popup again

I get same error. toons for the most part just start playing with resources but don’t store anything. I end up with Items littered about. seems to start with the trapper. Biggest litter of the lot.

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function '_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function '_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function '_do_slow_thinking’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function 'increment_now’

USER ID b51b42fc-5cd9-11e5-b8d0-6c626da95500

Wanted to chime in that I am also recieveing this issue in the current live build.

release-453 (x64)stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground itemsstack traceback:

USER ID: 9b082570-6039-11e5-9022-448a5bce82ff

In addition if I put the game on to pause, the game will run normally but repaidly degrade again over about a second or two. Guessing it just frees up the check and then goes back in to the error after resuming.

Have started a new game twice and end up getting to the error after getting about 12 hearthlings. Up until then it runs fine.

Simillar issue here. Also I noticed that arround 10 and more hearthlings the game slow down dramasticly. I did check out ram and video drivers and they aren’t the cause. Might be related to the bad unit transition lagging the game ?

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action [2536:stonehearth:pickup_item_into_backpack] run task action stonehearth:pickup_item_into_backpack({ item = (1914294 Gold Ore) })
stack traceback:

I’m not sure what needs to be posted but here is the raw data copied from the error message.
This is my first time posting a bug report so I hope I have all the info given.

release-453 (x64)stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition "start_thinking" from "finished" in action fill the backpack with ground itemsstack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function '_unknown_transition'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function '_start_thinking'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function '_do_slow_thinking'
	stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function '_fn'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function 'fire'
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function 'set_now'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function 'increment_now'
	radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function 'self'
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update'

hey there @felinoel, welcome to the discourse :smile:

if i’m not mistaken this should be fixed soon, or maybe it was already fixed… @Relyss do you know if this still occurs in the 2611 build?

Oh oops I missed this thread, should be fixed already? lol that is good because I have a Youtube series and didn’t want to not be able to record more episodes.

I will have to look into how to get to the 2611 build then later, thanks for the info.

1 Like

just opt into betas on steam, there are instructions at the bottom of this page,

http://stonehearth.net/development/

release-453 (x64)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function ‘_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function ‘_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function ‘_do_slow_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function ‘_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function ‘fire’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function ‘increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function ‘self’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function ‘_update’

any help with this bug that is in this pic

like seriously every version that i put on like 3 computers this is the biggest bug i have found it start small but when you hit 15 ppl it grows and can grow to include the whole community. PLEASE HELP

hey there @trowa456, welcome to the discourse :smile:

could you perhaps give a little more context?

also, i’m sure it would be awesome for the team if you could provide your stonehearth.log and the save file where you have this problem.

okay :slight_smile: the bug make them drop the items and then pick it up at first i notice this without the bug error. it takes a couple of min for the program to realize that something is wrong. it often starts with one villager and spread to about three. we just went ahead and started a new game ever time it was brought up.if other villagers get new these “broken villagers”("bvs" as i am calling them now.) we be infected with the same problem of dropping the contents of the back bag and picking either the same item or a different drop bvs item in to there bag. after it attract seven more villages after the main 3bv`s i end the game and make a new map. i done this about 3 times and my brother (different computer he is intel i am amd ) is having the same problem. and my little brother as well which is also an amd.

1 Like

this is from right now

hmm… strange, i think this has actually been reported before, give me a sec and i’ll merge.

edit: alrighty @trowa456, now that i’ve had a look around, this might be fixed in the A12 latest branch, but i could be wrong…

i wouldnt be able to fix it but… on here it say it happens a alot when ppl save… what happen if i didnt save for it to happen

1 Like

Sorry I can’t add much - no idea which of my villagers this applied to or when.
I can supply the save game file if necessary.

release-453 (x64)
stack traceback: