[Dev Blog] Alpha 4 Up on Steam Unstable

@sdee, yes ma’am, I think tossing together a poll with the bugs discovered, say… over the weekend, might prove useful?

3 Likes

Sounds good! :slight_smile: Collecting them over the weekend totally makes sense, for they are legion. T__T

2 Likes

They’re a pack of bipedal lionesses. :slight_smile:

I mean… how ELSE are you supposed to get drumsticks in this build?

2 Likes

Creepiest load I ever had:

I can’t count on this savefile…

5 Likes

Wow! Just… wow.

In that vein, has anyone made a dude farmer yet? Anyone?

Oh god. Looks like something right out of “The Exorcism”.

I did.

Ah darn it. Stupid Character-Limit.

mod edit: language

Here is two Bugs I found.

One, a random Error Message Box Appeared for no reason.

Two, I don’t have an attachment, because it happened so fast, but one of my Settlers made a fire, then proceeded to reach into the fire, and pull out the burning block of wood that was used in the fire.

Oh yeah, and this happens every time, even in new save files.

Sorry for my constant posting, but I would rather post Bug Reports and Questions here instead of making a million threads.

Anyway, where is the Trapper? You can’t craft the Knife in the Crafting Bench and the tool is not there in the beginning of the game.

2 Likes

We’ve pulled the trapper till we can fix him as per everyone’s feedback. :slight_smile: The class will be back when it better fits the rest of the game.

Oh, @sdee,

You and the Team really need to make it not so dark in at Sunset, dusk, twilight, the night, and in dawn. YOu can barely do anything when the day is over because you can’t see anything. I like to build during the night, but it’s nearly impossible because you can’t see anything without any light.

What I mean is, sometimes instead of that blue shade you get, it’s sometimes pitch black.

Hm, are you saying that some nights, it’s dark blue, and other nights, it’s black? If so,that’s definitely a bug.

If it’s always black, maybe we can fix that in a setting. I can see OK on my monitor, but I probably have different monitor settings than you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess it’s not a common bug, but it’s still annoying.

Also, there’s this bug that’s very annoying:

The “Build a Carpenter Bench” message box will stay open, and you can’t close it. It’s frustrating because you can’t see most of your stuff, and it’s just annoying. Also, it seems to lag the game for some reason.

Oh, and another bug. Sometimes the FOW doesn’t expand, so you only have limited light. This makes it kind of hard to see when you’re lumbering.

BTW, here are some Suggestions.

• Autosaving

• Rabbits eat stuff from your Farm

• Tools can break and will require for them to be fixed or to have anew one built

More to come later!

I decided to show some picture of me playing Alpha 4.

I’ll post more soon.

I call this one “Sleeping On The Job”

2 Likes

Ooh this is a really good one, @sdee any word on (if/)when this will come in? I assume it would be a Tony task considering saving was, so after combat’s polished? Can’t say it’s super urgent but would definitely be a feature I’d hope for when it comes out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, another bug report.

Sometimes, the scaffolding is invisible, so it looks like the workers are levitating.

1 Like

Another thing that annoys me.

Sometimes when Goblins are taking wood that was harvested, but it far from my settlement, and start burning it, my footmen wont go over there an kick their !@#.

More bugs :slight_smile:

-Rotating objects by right-clicking them when you place them no longer works (eg chairs). Only when I tried doing it with another object (picket fence) did I get a pop-up about the new keys.

-Carpenter likes to craft in odd numbers (known bug, just repeating it).

-Made a (male) farmer, but hoe was left to be used by another worker. Female character removed the hoe properly (same hoe, after save game reload, after 1st (male) attempt).

-Many hovering objects (eg picket fences traded by a caravan, tables placed besides each other = second one hovers (and doesn’t like being re-positioned), etc).

-Various troublesome building layouts for the building designer…

(Note: 2nd “H” layout was ok, as I clicked the roof in the middle of the design - see below)

Here you can see the holes in the walls besides the roofs of 3 basic structure designs (H- L- and hollow-square- shapes).

-I think some of the jerkiness in gameplay (comes from LUA spikes, if the bar in the bottom right is any indication).

-A footman joined my town, but didn’t appear in the list of citizens / professionals. Saving & reloading fixed it, however.

-The quest / event UI breaks the bottom left part of the UI. Eg if a traveller appears etc, talking to them means I can’t select my carpenter’s workshop etc.

-Pathfinding issues when characters get stuck in a building you’re making for whatever reason (eg hollow-square design). The workers don’t seem to realise that “gap where the door will go” is a valid way of getting to the food they want :stuck_out_tongue: .

-Really an aesthetic touch, but doors REALLY need a step up or something, instead of being below the level of the floor…

-On a similar aesthetic note, there’s never been any rhyme or reason (that I can tell) behind the order in which settlers work on something. Eg tell a farmer to create a crop field, and he/she will create the furrows all over the place. Builders go from working on House A to House B randomly it seems too. Some sort of pattern-making and/or staying power is perhaps required in the AI coding, so that the House A builders stay at House A, and that the farmer ploughs a row at a time (or something).

-Tiny typo: "A traveller approaches your town.: " - don’t need the full stop before the colon.

-Tiny typo: “unrevokably” is not a word in the English language (see overwriting saved games). You want “irrevocably” instead.

3 Likes

Oh, and here is the longest Error Message I have ever seen. Don’t know what it means though. it happens when Goblins are stealing and burning my stuff up.

1 Like

Gawd! Help me!

The goblins are still stealling my wood that I harvested away from my settlement, and every thirty seconds, a huge error message shows up.

Also, here is the first message box I have seen in it’s kind. It says severre, so i guess it’s bad.

@sdee, you’re a dev, can you tell me what it is?

2 Likes

Holy crap!

I was playing the game, then suddenly, a massive, humongous error message box bigger than the one I showed you, plus that black error message box appeared, and then the world morphed into something that’s beyond awesome.

The game then crashed.

4 Likes