[Res] [Dev 2620] error in prune_dead_listeners

The only tasks I had going was farmer planting fields and the mason maintaining 25 stone fence in the stockpile. It collected 2000+ errors before the game froze. I managed to copy one of the error messages and I’ll include the log

System: win10 home premium
intel Core i7 @ 2.4 GHz
12GB RAM
Nvidia GT260M w/ 1 GB GRAM

<develop-2609 (x64)
radiant/modules/events.luac:77: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
radiant/modules/events.luac:77: in function ‘_prune_dead_listeners’
radiant/modules/events.luac:82: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>>
stonehearth.log (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

This occurred on my play through during combat. It happened first when one of my Hearthlings was murdered by a goblin. It happened later when my valiant footman murdered a goblin. And then I got distracted by the stream and the debug tools and I think hit happened one or two more times but I don’t recall what was going on at the time.

Same happened to me game froze at 2700+ errors within few seconds. But none of my hearthlings died that time. But i can confirm there was a goblin spawn at this time.

Lucky the game saved in background could continue game but after load got once:

develop-2609 (x64)radiant/modules/events.luac:40: assertion failed!stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:40: in function 'trigger_async'
	.../components/combat_state/combat_state_component.luac:83: in function 'set_attack_leash'
	stonehearth/services/server/unit_control/party.luac:94: in function '_update_leashes'
	stonehearth/services/server/unit_control/party.luac:76: in function '_update_party'
	stonehearth/services/server/unit_control/party.luac:16: in function <stonehearth/services/server/unit_control/party.luac:13>

dont know if this belongs to this error as well

Same here.
Errors just keep popping up, I had about 2500 when the UI just stopped responding.
It happened to me right after one of my hearthlings killed a wolf.

Attacking some Goblins and got the error, can’t recover from it. The first time it dropped my system down to 1.44Gb of RAM free out of 16 GB. The second time, after stopping the game by Task Manager and restarting, I managed to grab the error. I do have this recorded too if needed, let me know if you want to see it as I have to render it out and upload it to my channel if so.

develop-2609 (x64)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert’
radiant/modules/events.luac:77: in function '_prune_dead_listeners’
radiant/modules/events.luac:82: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

Link to my dropbox with I believe is the log file Dropbox - Error

I can’t recover from this error so it’s a real stopper from my end. I have to wait for a fix before I can continue on testing.

The prune_dead_listeners bug, caused by killing an Armed Goblin, is still present in Dev 2611. It eventually caused the frozen UI glitch after it built over 1000 errors. The only way to close out was Alt + F4 which still left the other Stonehearth process that I had to Ctrl + Alt + Del to close.

develop-2611 (x64)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘assert’
radiant/modules/events.luac:77: in function ‘_prune_dead_listeners’
radiant/modules/events.luac:82: in function ‘_update’

develop-2611 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Otherwize this version seems very stable thus far. :smiley:

1 Like

I can confirm this same error.

1 Like

going to page @Albert, see if he can get a look at this.

Awesome 8bitCrab, otherwise the game seems to be a lot smoother.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have a fix for this. It will be pushed the next time we update Latest. Thanks!

7 Likes

Let me be the first to say you sir ROCK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trying to build some underground city…but this bug keeps poping up and looping endlessly, eventually getting my PC out of RAM…
Build 0.12.0 (dev 2611) x64

develop-2611 (x64)
stack traceback:

1 Like

i am getting the same error but when goblins attack

develop-2611 (x64)
stack traceback:

develop-2611 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

1 Like

This one should be fixed in the next release.

2 Likes

I’m playing on 2611, and an armed goblin came into my camp so I promoted a hearthling to footman, and killed it. Then an error popped up and repeated 2390 times and became really slow. Here’s the error:

this is a well known bug and is said to have a fix for the next patch :smile:

here is a link

1 Like

is it normal that when an error comes that my task manager shows that i got the game 2x launched and then it uses up like 5 gb ram lol?? Or is that some other bug non related to this one?

It’s normal to have two stonehearth.exe in your task manager. Actually, one is the server and the other the client. Stonehearth is built from the ground up to support multiplayer (even though that mode hasn’t been added yet).

When is it using up 5gb of RAM? If you have a save game with a mass of errors in it, you’ll get a massive amount of memory usage.

1 Like

I did not know its normal to have 2x stonehearth.exe :confused: ty for the info tuhalu.
Usually when then error’s ocures, It uses up 5gb ram as i remember each stonehearth.exe used up like 2,5 gb ram. How can the stonehearth.exe for the server use up 2,5 gb when an error occures do?

This seems to be the same bug as posted here: [Res] [Dev 2620] error in prune_dead_listeners

The dev team has acknowledged this and hopefully will have a fix soon

1 Like