Dev 2521 Error "attempt to call method 'is_dead" (a nil value)

I wasn’t sure how to describe the error. Nothing in game changed. I’m guessing it has something to do with someone dying but my population is unchanged.

System: Win7 home premium
Intel Core i7
12Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX650 w/ 1GB GRAM

<develop-2521 (x64)
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:91: attempt to call method ‘is_dead’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function ‘is_dead’
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:91: in function ‘_reset_all_alarms’
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:111: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.luac:79: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>>

1 Like

just got that one too but not on the initial game load

after save/loading the game it popped up
I placed 4 tombstones before I save/loaded so that might be related because it was the only change after the initial loading

1 Like

Not sure, but I haven’t had new tombstones or moved any in several days (real days, not game days). My save file seemed to break right away after this. Frame rate dropped too slow to even point the camera and restarting the game and reloading didn’t help. Not if the corruption is related to the error or if they’re coincidental

develop-2521 (x64)
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:91: attempt to call method ‘is_dead’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:91: in function ‘_reset_all_alarms’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

i have this after playing 10-15mn… i do nothing , 0 building

After this, the saved game do not work if i load it…
–> no more UI after load and all is frozen. i have only the sound music and effect.
The auto saved game do not work… --> definitive end game.

This one’s a little hard to explain, but I’ll do my best. This happened twice to me when messing around in the unstable build of the game. It seems every time a lone Goblin Thief comes to try to rob me of my items, the encounter music begins to play. That is normal, but the bug is after you kill the invader, because the encounter music keeps playing when there’s no nearby enemies around. I’m guessing it has something to do with the script that’s tied to the event or something.

Welcome, @FireballKupa :smile:

Thanks for reporting.

Were you playing with the latest build - 2521? Or with the 2513 one?

Do you have any other enemies even if they’re not near your camp?

1 Like

I don’t remember the build when I first discovered it, but the second time was from 2521. While the music was still playing on both times the thief event happen, it was just one goblin thief and nobody else close by. Plus I have doubts that the Goblin Village is a cause since in the first time, there was no Goblin Encampments or the Village on the map during the time that bug happened.

This is an update for the bug. Since it was just a music problem, I just muted the music all together and kept playing. So far, nothing wrong. That is until I got this error message.

develop-2521 (x64)
stack traceback:
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:111: in function ‘fn’
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function ‘_update’

In all honesty, I don’t know what it means. Hopefully by showing this error to you guys could help out with the problem I mentioned earlier.

Someone reported this recently, I’ll have to check and verify the possible causes.

Thanks

Edit: Oh, it’s here:

Can’t really merge, but at least linked.

Oh well. Least I’m not the only one that’s having the same problem. Here’s hoping that we raised awareness to the bug for the next update.

there you go :smile:

so in the new game, this error occur at the 2° bar of night time.
each 1x / night
i save / reload saved game each time this error occur, no error, i can continue playing.

Are these automatically sent to Radiant now? If so I wont post any in future but here ya go:
( last time I played the error report ui wasn’t as clear and easy to use.

develop-2521 (x64)
stack traceback:

No, @Jimbob767 . If these were directly sent to Radiant, they could fill the whole office with all the messages. :sweat_smile: They just made the error UI more user friendly, so you could close it and navigate to the next/previous error and so on.

What is really sent to Radiant are the crash dumps when your game crashes, if you opted in to send them the first time you played the game (although it’s in the game settings so you can enable/disable it if you want).

1 Like

Just got the error on loading the saved game.

develop-2521 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.luac:86: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:65>
	radiant/modules/entities.luac:86: in function 'get_world_grid_location'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.luac:97: in function '?'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.luac:30: in function '_restore_saved_calls'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.luac:11: in function '_on_game_loaded'
	stonehearth/services/server/town/town.luac:9: in function 'obj'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:15: in function 'self'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:70>

user id: 423b2988-38ca-11e5-8be6-08606e455ad

Thanks guys! Fixed for the next patch.

4 Likes