[Dev 2387 (x64)] Day Starts At Map Selection Screen

Let me start by saying that I’m VERY picky about where I start my map. That being said, I lately have found myself click Generate New Map for half an hour at a time. During that time, I will occasionally hear the popup noise (like a merchant has come) in the background music. I’ve also noticed that sometimes my game will start during the day, and other times be start at night.

This has lead me to believe the game time starts when you click new game, not when the map is loaded.

4 Likes

yup, just like if you have the game puased time still passes and merchants still come…. :confused:

2 Likes

This happens since the early alphas :sweat_smile:
But nobody really complained about it, because they start the game right away,so…

Events happening when the game is paused is a different bug, I think. It might be related, though.

4 Likes

I noticed the same passage of time during worldgen but since it’s a pretty minor and non game-breaker, I would give it a pass. I just wouldn’t agonize over where I was going to place my settlement. Still, it would be nice if it were fixed.

I will go ahead and confirm this as a bug, since it is pretty apparent it isn’t supposed to function this way. While it is probably pretty low on the list of priorities, it should be fixed when world gen/town placement gets looked at again.

2 Likes

Ponder fixed this one. Available in the next release!

6 Likes

You know, I think I’m starting to like these @Ponder and @Albert guys. They get things done.

4 Likes