So since you can build in depth and x-ray is not always the best option to get a good view on your underground city, I think it would be useful to add some quality of life to the slice function. The ability to define depth favourites. So for example:
- You have a city build within the mountain
- Your work stations are at 34m and your market place is at 49m
- Now this requires alot of clicking between the slices when you want to get a good view on the 34m or 49m slice
- With my suggested feature, you can define 34m and 49m as favourite depths. These favourites are shown in an extra window right next to the depth you are currently
- With a simple click, you can now directly go to 34m or 49m without clicking through all the slices in between
- edit: to make things even better, you can name these favourites, so that you always know what you can see at the defined depth
I think this is especially needed when you introduce the dwarf class that builds inside mountains (at least I think this will be like that) and also for bigger cities.