Depth Favourites!

So since you can build in depth and x-ray is not always the best option to get a good view on your underground city, I think it would be useful to add some quality of life to the slice function. The ability to define depth favourites. So for example:

• You have a city build within the mountain
  • Your work stations are at 34m and your market place is at 49m
  • Now this requires alot of clicking between the slices when you want to get a good view on the 34m or 49m slice
  • With my suggested feature, you can define 34m and 49m as favourite depths. These favourites are shown in an extra window right next to the depth you are currently
  • With a simple click, you can now directly go to 34m or 49m without clicking through all the slices in between
  • edit: to make things even better, you can name these favourites, so that you always know what you can see at the defined depth

I think this is especially needed when you introduce the dwarf class that builds inside mountains (at least I think this will be like that) and also for bigger cities.

9 Likes

That’s the idea. Tedious jumping between layers is one of the things that draw me away from Dwarf Fortress. Hopefully we can avoid this in Stonehearth.

I like the way gnomoria does this… Like bookmarking camera perspective, position and slice level :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or at least, hold a key and scroll the mouse wheel.

Might also be nice to have a ‘slice at what my mouse is resting on’ button - like Qubicle has.

1 Like

Are there any new plans for this kind of feature? :slight_smile:

1 Like