Dark Subject - What happens to dead people?

perhaps a retitling is in order… any suggestions? :thought_balloon:

Mmh… Something like ‘Life cycle of settlers and its consequences’.
Sounds almost like a documentary film title… >_>

4 Likes

so a combination would be an idea. first people will come from some where else and slowly while the population raises children will begin to be born and the amount of arriving people will fall

I will now use necromancy on this thread… boooom it is now alive. i will not allow this on to die because a lot still needs to be discussed.

Okay, Begin.

okay as @wminsing said the idea with people getting children who will take one of the other peoples jobs when they die, doesn’t work because it very fast will end up as something disturbingly close to incest . so in the start it would be necessary for a more realistic village that travelers would come to the village and settle there, but on the longer run only the amount of born children should raise and the amount of travelers would stay the same (this way the percentage of travelers versus born children would fall). does this make sense? if not ask.

1 Like

@thorbjorn42gbf makes a good point on the need for ‘travelers’ anyway, since your initial settlement (6 people) isn’t going to be conducive to rapid population growth, even if it’s always 3 females/3 males. And it appears to be randomized currently; I got 6 women in one session!

-Will

2 Likes

i did actually get most of the ideas to the change from reading your observation about the amount of people and how good it would work :slight_smile: [quote=“wminsing, post:223, topic:592”]
What makes sense as a solution assuming a village size of 100 people won’t make sense if the actual average village is sized for 30 people (for example)
[/quote]
and the fun thing about travelers is that there will come new blood all the time. which means that not everybody will be in family with everybody

1 Like