Crafting items lose their "sparkle" on game load

This was originally another report that I very carefully put together. However, I am a nimrod, and it was my error. :blush:

However! Upon reloading the game, I saw that many of the crafting tables - which I had indeed ordered, don’t ask - no longer had their “this is a crafting item!” sparkle:

Develop 2871 x64

Followup question: what do I do with all these tables?? Trader doesn’t want to buy them and there’s no “stuff into storage” button for them xD

2 Likes

i’m pretty sure this has been a problem for a long time with talismans, i guess now that workbenches have the “sparkles” they also have the problem…

you can always delete them with the clear command,

works just like the harvest command, drag out a rectangle over the items you want destroyed then wait for a hearthling to come over and destroy the items.

hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi there
Would it be possible to get your save file?
I would like to investigate this
Thanks!
-Yang

2 Likes

Hey there @spacefiddle, welcome to the Discourse!

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Whoops hi. Yes, I can get a save, might take me a minute to find it - I did find a trader who would buy the tables - but I don’t overwrite saves, so it should be in here somewhere.

/rummages

Edit: found it! Tested on a couple of loads, and now all the tables in view don’t sparkle.
Edit Edit: as per the 256-color crustacean, this is for @yshan

1457276033166.zip (7.9 MB)

This is a placeholder reply since I realize I edited my previous post to add the savegame, and that might not send you a notify as a new reply would.

rather then making a secondary reply, if you want to make sure someone see’s your edit you can always @mention them :slight_smile:

Ah good to know, thanks! Just wasn’t sure if an edit would trigger anything.
Random thought edit: i wonder if anyone on the board is named @mention, or if the board software reserves that name xD

@spacefiddle, as per your random thought edit: no, @mention is not a default reserved name. What you may notice is that when @8BitCrab and I typed @mention it looks different from a normal mention, and from when you typed it. That is because we surrounded the text with back ticks, so Discourse treats it as “raw text” and doesn’t try and make it a mention. I included what we typed below.

`@mention`  

Back on topic, this bug should be fixed now!

1 Like