[Con] Saved game disappeared

same here…only the client state file getting written to the save game folder so i keep reverting back to the last good save

@Tom @sdee @Ponder @Relyss @SteveAdamo @Geoffers747
any chance on a possible fix ?
or at least, an acknowledgement of this fatal error ?

issue is still present as of build 192

1 Like

Sorry @Warblade, as much as I would love to be able to give you an answer, I unfortunate only have knowledge that is wholly irrelevant to the current situation.

It does seem to exist because a few people are experiencing it, so here’s hoping that it has been picked up on.

I’m sure a member of Team R will be around in the next 8-12 hours to confirm or deny some stuff! Best case scenario it’s resolved for Alpha 7, most likely case is that the team are aware but can’t provide a solid fix until a few other things are sorted out.

2 Likes

hey there @Warblade… as @Geoffers747 so adequately put it, our knowledge is “wholly irrelevant” to this particular situation… :smile:

however, can you confirm that the suggested workaround quoted above is not working with the latest build?

1 Like

work around was working as of the build before yesterday. so was the issue. will be saveing some today and let you guys know

1 Like

Anyone of the affected people in this thread has tested the autosave mod and see if it helps?

It would be a nice workaround while Team Radiant finds a fix for the bug. (I hope that mod still works in r192… :disappointed_relieved: )

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your patience with this bug, and sorry it’s taken us so long to take a look at this one. We six tend to play very short-lived games, since every day’s checkin breaks yesterday’s saved games. What would you guys advise as the fastest regular way to repro this?

Just to reiterate, it sounds like the gist of the bug is that at some point in play, no new save game will complete, is that correct?

Secondarily, if you try to overwrite an existing save, that save will be deleted, is that also correct?

And thirdly, it seems to happen after multiple days in a single game, and then happens again even if you start a new game?

Anything you can give us to help us repro it quickly would be super helpful. :slight_smile:

–Stephanie

6 Likes

Yes you are correct in all aspects. It is either to many saves causing the bug or how long the game is playing out. ie days worth (hours irl).

Also maybe control the limit of saves in a game (some people may not like it) it saves space and limits how much the game is trying to run. ( I would say 10 min in adventure mode, and more in peaceful mode)

An auto save feature would be nice at least 2 spots every so mins.

If anyone else has ideas, speak up my friends.

1 Like

That is what I have experienced a few times now.

Cannot confirm, that has never happened to me.

That also has not happened for me.

In general I have noticed that when it corrupts it is usually about 15-20 minutes from when I start.

2 Likes

There might be multiple bugs at work here. If it’s too many saves, independent of time of gameplay, then we can test this by creating a large number of saves in quick succession, (50, say, during Day 1).

If it’s length of gameplay, then there’s only one way to test that, unfortunately. If someone has a save from right before it starts happening, that would be useful to us too.

If it’s some combination, well, let’s hope it’s simple before we test for hard.

3 Likes

with mine it happens after 6 saves in one session, every time, so far no matter how long i play

2 Likes

drop link to the last working save in my folder

3 Likes

@apoch1999 the six saves are new saves or do you overwrite any of them?

overwrote a couple, and a few were new saves. it doesnt seem to matter. i did a straight six new saves and the 7th one didnt work.

1 Like

i should correct this, it doesnt matter how many times i shutdown the game and restart it. its always the 7th save in the folder so far. and it doesnt matter if there are overwritten ones, or if they are 6 totally different saves.(so far)

1 Like

I feel so incredibly lucky. This issue has only happened to me once, and I thought it was just my imagination at the time.

Personally, I rarely save unless I’m exiting the game. As long as the game doesn’t unexpectedly crash, I’m okay. The game has only unexpectedly crashed a couple times since I started playing, so once again I feel incredibly lucky.

Just happened to me after 6 hours of work. Guess im leaving the game running so i wont lose my progress.

I couldn’t find the bug posts so I created a new one. I go to save after 2hrs of play and all my saves are deleted. Or when I load a saved game after I end a session that save gets deleted.

confirm it. happened the same thing

Ah yes, I just experianced this after 10hrs of play I decided to start overwriting. All my saves are gone. But still in the saves folder, just wont load. :frowning: