Community Intro

I don’t see why my “nationalities” short post thread has to be here, but that’s fine.

well, this thread is about introducing yourself, which usually entails where you’re from… :+1:

no worries! I was on my phone at the time, and for some reason, am unable to do that particular task from there… :confused:

1 Like

Oh hey! We have an intro thread! Neat.

Greetings from Canada, eh! I’m Boulderboy but you can call me…um, Boulderboy. Nestled deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, I have been a gamer for most of my 38 short years…when I’m not fending off polar bears and shoveling snow or trying to start the dogsled to run for groceries. Looking forward to watching Stonehearth evolve and mature while I try my hardest to break it repeatedly.

3 Likes

So this is a page dedicated to talking about the stone hearth discourse community first I will talk about myself as I’m new here, if you don’t want to read skip to the last paragraph. I’ve been scouting for a new game and I really like this community everyone seems very friendly and helpful. I am a building enthusiast and was previously a builder on terraria and mine craft forums.

1 Like

I propose to make a page where users can introduce the,selves and in general get to know each other for everything

I’ve already made mine now it’s up to the awesome community to fill it up

hey there @KnollBoss … welcome aboard! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

sorry didn’t see this was a bit old :sweat:

1 Like

Yeah, it was made at the start…

Anyways, welcome to the community! :smile:

1 Like

My names Zilla! I’ve been here since October 2013, and I finally decided to do an intro! I’ve really postponed this intro, haven’t I?
I’m the guy who assaults Tom with ginger comments every stream!
The End
Don’t you feel enlightened? You’re welcome

4 Likes

finally i know who this zilla guy is, i was always wondering… :laughing:

1 Like

Waits patiently for @SteveAdamo to welcome him aboard, since he never did :blush:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Sam also known as SourceySam. I am 17 years old and from England, United Kingdom. I am a programmer. I will be diving into the modding section of StoneHearth as soon as I play a bit more of the game and find something I think will be cool to add. I found out about this game a few days ago and it has hooked me, I bought it an hour after I finished watching the StoneHearth stream and have barely logged off since.

3 Likes

welcome to the discourse @SourceySam :smile:

i look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

1 Like

sure you’re mistaken… yes? … no?!?

well, in that case… I hope this will help make up for my oversight! :smile:

welcome aboard @Zilla! :smile:

5 Likes

Goodness, I wasn’t even aware one of these threads existed!

Greetings and salutations to all! My name is Justin (Gance is an alias I’ve used for a loooong time), I’m 25 years of age, and I reside in the humidity ridden area of Texas.

I’ve been playing games, my entire life, no specific genre, just any and all that I can get my hands on. I’ve dabbled in Ruby and Java programming off and on, I’ve even played with, and entered into the Humblebundle RPG Maker Contest in 2014. My buddy and I attempted to make a game in RPG Maker based completely off in game tools alone, and considering we had no idea the ins and outs of the engine, and had never used the program prior… I personally think we did a fantastic job.

Though we may not have achieved fame and glory from the contest, our strive to making something amazing continues on, and I’m sure some of you have seen me go on some random Values rants here and there.

When it comes to game design, I like to be more on the architectural standpoint, character development, and story refinement. I’m a sucker for comedy, another trait of mine that I’m sure has been seen in some of my posts already.

Side note: I do tend to ramble… Alot!

Anywho~ Peace out all~

The Gancey Goes Poof!

5 Likes

I don’t know @SteveAdamo, I think some internet points have to be arranged. hint, hint. Wink, wink

2 Likes

and i’m just sitting here thinking “this Zilla guy just doesn’t know how to let go of a grudge does he…” :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Mike
Age 43

Been playing games for… A long time.
Grammar/Punctuation/Typing skills - Barely passable
Limited knowledge with programming (enough to be dangerous)
Have a Lot of ideas (so forgive me if they are hard to understand see limited program knowledge)
Love the Streams, Even if I get lost just about always :stuck_out_tongue:

Been here for a bit, Like the community and the Development Team.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize I’ve never introduced myself here…

Hi, I’m James. I picked my username a long time ago by making X, Y, and Z (in that order) into a semi-coherent word.

I backed Stonehearth in the Kickstarter, and it’s definitely not a decision I regret. The community that has developed around Stonehearth is one of the friendliest, most open communities I’ve ever seen, and I am proud to be (a very small) part of it.

I am working towards a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science in the USA, and I also work (almost full-time during the summer, part-time during school) in the programming field. I am just dipping my toes into modding, and may do more if time, etc. allows.

3 Likes