Community Intro

We do indeed, you really only have yourself to blame for missing it :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t worry you’re not alone! We have a few German speaking members, notably @voxel_pirate who in fact runs (I believe) this german fansite http://www.stonehearth.de/weblog/

1 Like

Well the last post was from january i didn’t even know of the game at that point (i discovered it around 2 days later i think)

Also i never presented myself so here i go:
I am 16 years old and live in Denmark. I have been playing Pathfinder the last 3 years and LARP in (around) 7, fantasy and story telling has generally been a very big part of my life and i have read all the fantasy books i could get close to since my 10th year.
I found Stonehearth when browsing Kickstarter for new strategy games i could play at some point. I play a lot of these :). And after i saw a lot about cubeworld i had fallen in love with the blocky style.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.

Also @Geoffers747 would it be an idea to pin this tab so newcomers could find it. I know it isn’t the most important thread but it can help new people to feel a bit more safe and find people with common interests :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well that’s a good idea if I ever did see one! Might as well leave it pinned at the top of General Discussion.

1 Like

you are quite welcome… :smiley:

it’s ok, I (momentarily) forgot as well… :blush:

:+1:

Exactly this community I meant. But, unfortunately, there’s not so much going on. :confused: (Voxel himself has this posted there .)

1 Like

True. Only here and there a post so far. For the moment I am also only translating the news (even with some delay… need to work today in the evening on the actual one). To be honest I am just a bit too busy with other things. Desperately trying to get up-to-date again in terms of where we are with modding…

2 Likes

Didnt know about this thread either.

I am Neko Chan. I have no intentions of telling you my likes and dislikes.
As for my dream… I have few hobbies.

Please teach us well in the ninja arts sensei @thorbjorn42gbf are thinking about why @nekochan is wearing a mask covering the mouth all the time :wink:

1 Like

Bit late to introduce myself, but ah well!

Name’s Vincent, I’m from the Netherlands & I’m a twenty-five year old biology student. I like cats a lot.

My favorite game’s probably Dwarf Fortress (can’t wait for the new release – it’s been taking so long! Will probably be worth the wait though). I rather like the Super Smash Bros. series as well. Aaand I think Stonehearth’s really promising and going to be awesome.

How’s this: wannabe-programmer ailurophile ornithologist bisexual homoromantic japanophile aspiritual agnostic atheist naturist wannabe-writer determinist wannabe-hippie nerd utilitarianist redhead wannabe-polymath wannabe-polyglot physisaphile androgynophile feminist genderqueer-wannabe ailurophile cat-lover.

Nice to meet everyone!

Oh, I go by Whatsifsowhatsit as well, just FYI. I think that’s my name on Twitch, for example. Probably.

Ohh… awkward. I totally keep a diary. Have been since 2010-02-16. One of the best things I ever started to do. Always wished I’d started sooner.

Meh, It’s never too late! Better late than never, A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to, and etc. : Saying that I should write a short intro too, it has gone almost 6 months since I joined :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey everyone! I’m Llywellyn and I’m a Canadian in Sweden (A.K.A being raised in Sweden but seeing myself more Canadian as I’m born there) I’m 15 (turning 16 this year) and I’ve been playing Minecraft now since late April 2011 making it the game I’ve played the longest (even though I say it’s not my favourite game) but I think Stonehearth will smash that time. :stuck_out_tongue: When I saw Sjin from yogscast’s video on stonehearth I just fell in love with the game and joined the community directly when I found out about it.

I go by Llyw, LlywMiner and Jailer Smith. The first two mostly as usernames, LlywMiner is more common on my new accounts such as here, youtube, twitter or twitch and Jailer Smith on MMORPGs.

I introduced myself a long time ago, but I decided to reevaluate myself.

Hi! The name is Corey. I am a Teen living in California with my Parents and younger Sister.

If I had to chose a favorite hobby, it be Programming. I can program a bit in Python and I’m learning the C language, as well as some others, while still learning Python. I also like to draw, do stuff like play Games on my Laptop, and some other things.

My favorite games out right now could are Starbound, L4D2, Terraria, and of course, Stonehearth.

That’s all I can say now. Bye

Woohoo! :smiley:

The other stuff: that’s nice too :smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

you can call me groms :smile: .
I am from germany and I know about this game for … since a few days after the end of the kickstart.
And since today I am part of the alpha testers.

I did participate in a few game developments, some went live others not, some did great, some didn’t.

I like to be the pain in the neck … sometimes :smiley: but do not let it bug you.

1 Like

I am a bit surprised you found this one. It has been ages since someone posted here.
Also welcome @groms i hope you will like the community.

Hello there everyone who stumbled upon my thread.

I just wanted to introduce myself so all of you have a better overview of who I am abd what I’ll do on the forums.

My name is Maxi, I’m 19 years old and I live in the heart of Switzerland; in Zurich.
My interests include all kind of sports, gaming - Stonehearth obviously - and going out with friends. I would describe myself as a calm but funny person. I’m open to everything and anything.
That’s pretty much everything. (Rhyme-skills.exe not found.)

Now let’s get to the more interesting part: what will I do and what are my goals on the Forums?
Well, I’m like a “helper-kind-of-guy”, means that I’ll strive to help the members of the community and to make this place a better one to stay.
You can expect all different sorts of posts, ranging from how-to posts to general discussion topics. I’m kind of an allrounder. I don’t stick to a particular category.

If you have any questions don’t hestitate to aks! :smile:

Cheers and drink your beers! (Another rhyme…)

found it @SteveAdamo @Geoffers747.

Also Welcome @Alpha_Centauri :slight_smile:

1 Like

Snap! I was using the search function and I was looking for threads containing the key words “introduc”. Sadly I haven’t found a particular thread about that and therefore I just created my own.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can move this post to the corresponding thread.

Cheers. :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard sir! More Swiss based Stonehearth folks, awesome! :slight_smile: (i live in Zurich as well)
Have fun with us on this great and really friendly community!

1 Like

Hey man! Happy to see more swiss people around me. :smile:

Cheers.

Hi, I’m Mike and I just bought the game. Just wondering do you guys have any tips/suggestions for me? Thanks!